Sweater pattern help please!

JustKariB

Question

I am crocheting Red Heart's Love-to-Wear Sweater and I have gotten to the part of working the body pattern. The body pattern is alternating rows of single crochets then double crochets with the 3rd row being SC increase and the 4th being DC increase, but it says to repeat rows  and 2 for the body pattern. Why are rows 3 and 4 included? I see no where to use them. If somebody could help me out I would be grateful! This is my first garment to make and it looks so cozy! 

5 answers to this question

so under Pattern stitches you have Body Pattern row 1, row2, sc inc row, and dc inc row; you will refer back to this info later in the pattern.  then the actual pattern---what you do to make the sweater---starts where it says Sweater.  First you make a ribing, which consists of four rows, then you start on the Body.  you work even on Body Pattern---just row 1 and 2--- to the measurement stated.  then you form the armholes and neckline.  

I'm not sure the Increase rows are used anywhere besides the sleeves.  

Be sure you always use the correct direction for the size you are making, that can get confusing unless you highlight the right sections.  

Archived