Help with pattern

Sussski

Question

Hello everyone! First, sorry for all grammar and spelling mistakes, English is not my native language and here in Finland, we really don't have any active crochet/knitting discussion forums..

Anyway, here is the link for the pattern: http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/us/pattern.php?id=6603

I'm now inserting those markers, and I don't get it. I have those 180 stitches, but when I'm inserting markers it seems like there should only be 178 stitches?

First marker go straight after 13sts, so into the 14th right? Or into the 13th? Then markers should go every 14th sts? Should I calculate already marked stitch to that 14 or the next after mark? Also, should there be like marker, 14 stitch, marker OR marker, 13sts, marker?

I'm having so hard time with this pattern and would like to complete it, since my bestfriend's baby is borning in few weeks...

Thanks for eveyone already for help! Hope you can understand what I mean :)

1 answer to this question

Welcome to the ville!

The way this is written is more like the way knitting markers work, as they are inserted between stitches and remain in place (on the knitting needle) from row to row. In crochet, you can place the marker between stitches but you will have to move them up from row to row. It would be 13 stitches, marker, 14sts, marker.....and end with 13 sts after the last marker.

It really is not necessary to place the decreases exactly as the pattern says. Just be sure you don't place them directly above the previous decrease, alternate them a by stitch or two each time. Otherwise you will create corners, instead of a rounded piece. And be sure you make the right number of decreases in each row, it says 12 decreases for the smallest size.

Archived