Hi guys! New Here and need a bit of help with reading a pattern!

Alyssa Evans

Question

Hey all :>  I've been working on a little raven amigurumi for my best friend for Valentine's Day.  It's been going very well, and I've already gotten most of the larger pieces done!  I've gotten myself stuck on understanding the instructions for making the wings though, perhaps anyone would be willing to help?

This is the pattern I'm using (It's free) - http://icrochetthings.blogspot.com/2014/06/free-pattern-raven.html

I'm at:

Left Wing
Starting with black

1.  ch 15, [sc] across  (14)
2 – 3.  [sc] Turn, [sc] across  (14)
4.  Turn, 11 sc  (11)
5.  Turn, [sc] across  (11)
6.  Turn, 8 sc  (8)
7.  Turn, [sc] across  (8)

I've just never seen instructions that say to sc first, then turn.  does that mean when I get to the end of the round, I still make the chain loop, turn, sc first stitch, and turn again?  I think I'm making it a bit more complicated than it's intending!

It's funny because I'm so good at crocheting in the round now, but doing and understanding how to do rows is still so difficult for me to understand!

1 answer to this question

welcome to the ville!  

I think the sc there is a typo.  i think it should start with "turn" like the other rows do.

you might contact the blogger and mention it, she can explain it to you if it is supposed to be there, and if it isn't intended to be there she may want to remove it. 

Archived