FLO/BLO help

BellaBeenieBags

Question

I'm attempting to create a "raised" look for this hat pattern by using FLO/BLO however I can't figure out how to get the same look I've gotten at the bottom of the attached photo (crocheting in BLO) on the top (which was FLO). If I used BLO on the top I *think* I would get the raised look, but it would be in the lighter pink? Is there any way to get the darker pink to look raised or am I nuts? 

I know it's a little confusing what I'm asking for but basically I'd like the top of the darker pink to look the same as the bottom of the dark pink, making it appear seemingly "raised" from the lighter pink.

Or if there's another way to achieve this entirely please enlighten me! :)

And if it matters, this is DC in the round. Thanks!

post-73647-0-16819500-1419543647_thumb.jpg

4 answers to this question

welcome to the ville !

working in the round, you should have the same side of the stitches always facing you.  so just do blo on all rounds and it should all look the same.  the color of the raised part will be the color of the stitch that loop is part of, not the color of the new stitch.  so where the dark pink is stitched into the light pink, the raised part will be light pink.

you could do surface crochet slip sttich in both places, in whatever color you want, to create a different raised look.  

if you are turning between rounds you would need to do some rounds as flo and some as blo i think.   

Archived