edges on afghans

kl17

Question

Hi,

I am making a few afghans for christmas. I am using two strands of yarn and a N hook, and the yarn is from hobby lobby, i love this yarn.

My question is, even though I have the same number of stitches in each row, the sides are not even. I am using the same tension, and when the afghan starts to get heavy I bunch it up a little so I don't pull as I stitch. Is it normal for large afghans to not match up good when you fold them? One corner looks like its too pointy lol.

thanks for your help. :)

Kl

4 answers to this question

Yes. After I chain 100, I do my first hdc and mark it with a paper clip. I go to the end of the row do my last hdc, chain 2, (i like to chain 2 for dc) turn and do my first dc in the last stitch of the previous row. I then mark this with a paper clip. I just go to each end and do my last stitch that is marked with a paper clip and always start the new row in the same last row stitch, after I chain, if that makes any sense.

You should be missing that first stitch because the ch2 takes the place of the first stitch. Put the stitch marker into the top of the ch2 and when you get to it on the next row, do your dc into it. Ch2 again and put the stitch marker into the top of it and miss the first stitch. The ch2 is your first stitch and it is your last stitch from the previous row.

I would also give a go to doing a 3ch turn, as it will be more obvious to you when you get to the end of the row or pull the last chain of the 2ch up higher than you normally would.

Archived