"Comfort Your Kitty Throw" Help!

Thebestmorgo

Question

Hi all,

My sister picked out this pattern from Red Heart called "Comfort Your Kitty Throw". I have been crocheting for awhile so when saw the difficulty level as easy, I thought it would be that. I looked at the instructions and I am familiar with all the stitches in the pattern.  However, I have never made a square like this before so I am unsure of how it is supposed to look. I have started and stopped more times than I can count and it never looks like I think it is supoosed to look. I even took it to friends who also crochet and they were unable to help me as well. I am pretty sure we are all making it more difficult than it actually is. I can get to Row 3 but kind of get lost after that. I think it is working in the diagonal but I am just not sure. I would be forever grateful if someone could work up a square or even half a square so I could actually see how it is supposed to look. I am just running around in circles with this pattern and it is driving me crazy.

Thanks!

2 answers to this question

Welcome to the ville!

I think that is diagonal block or box stitch http://calosiknits.blogspot.com/2012/11/photo-tutorial-for-diagonal-box-stitch.html

Anyway you could make the squares that way and have the same look.

I recommend always choosing a pattern that does have a good photo.

Archived