Design question?

Sami Jurek

Question

I have been making halters and bikinis, and now that everyone I know seems to want one, I was wondering if anyone knew of a standard size chart for making the correct cup sizes?  I know I can get individual measurements, but I was hoping to get more of an idea of the "standard" dimensions for each cup size...if anyone knows where I can find this please let me know.  I have searched Google and all I have found is directions or measurements for finding the correct bra size, but they don't show the measurements of each cup.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Sami

3 answers to this question

Welcome to the ville!

Not sure exactly what dimensions you want, but each cup size represents an inch of "projection", or the difference between band size and full bust measurement.

You might try looking on lingerie store sites for measurement charts, like Lady Grace or Her Room. Also are there sites or books about making your own lingerie?

Despite what we always hear, that "everything is on the internet", i find that some things are not...or at least not findable with my search skills....so you might be better off to work from individual measurements anyway to give a custom fit.

Thank you for your reply, I am actually looking for the measurements of the cup itself, a C is 6" bottom to top and across the bottom according to my bra, was thinking there would be somewhere online that had each cup measurement, but can't seem to locate it...have asked friends to measure theirs, hoping to get a reply from someone in every letter!  :)

Sami

Archived