Please help! Newbie here...

Mrsemc88

Question

Hi,

I've just recently started crocheting and love it! I have done granny squares and a little phone cover and I have now just started my first big project - a throw for our bed.

I have been sc (I'm from uk so dc!) in a chunky yarn, one colour and now wanted to incorporate a different colour in a different stitch - I wasn't sure whether to do a trellis stitch or would this be too flimsy compared to the rest of my sc? Could anyone recommend another stitch that would compliment my project?

Any help would be most appreciated xxx

5 answers to this question

This will only work if you've got an even number of stitches on what you've done so far:

What I would do would be a few rows of crossed stitches.  You're going to skip one stitch and make your sc, then go back behind the sc you just made and make another sc in the stitch you skipped.  you continue the row the same way, skip a stitch, make a sc then go back and make another sc in the stitch you just skipped.  It'll look very pretty.  BTW - you start and end the row with a single sc.

Thank you so much, I've just googled the stitch and it does look fab, just the sort of thing I was after.

I'm a tiny bit unsure - please forgive me, learning curve! So as I'm going to start a row, do I do a turning chain, then a sc then skip a stitch and go on from there? X

yes - you will chain 3 (or whatever you normally chain for your sc) and turn - that turning chain will count as an sc, then skip a stitch, make your sc and then go behind what you just made and make another sc in the stitch you skipped.

Archived