Sl St Brain Drain

ragdollnikki

Question

For some odd reason I am having a big problem trying ton figure out where to place the sl st. As Rnd 2: join as before. Then rnd 3: sl st in ch 1 sp. Where is the  ch 1 sp? I am just having trouble with where all the sl st are to go. Here is the pattern which is easy. Thank you.

http://www.bestfreecrochet.com/2012/03/26/free-crochet-pattern-shaded-pinks-doily-86/

4 answers to this question

at the end of rnd 1 you should have 24 dc ( the beginning chain 3 is the 1st double now and throughout)

re-read round 2

Rnd 2: Chain 4 (counts as DC and chain 1), Dc in next DC, chain 1 around.  end of round you should have 24 DC and 24 chain 1 spaces.

So at the end of this round (join as before  (sl st in first Dc)   you will slip stitch into the 3rd chain of the chain 4 and the 4th chain is your chain 1 space.

visual:   (say the o's are the chains)  o

o

o

.Slip stitch into the 3chain.  The first 3 act as the beginning double, the 4th is the chain 1.

hope this helps!!  It's a very pretty doily.   I've used patterns from Maggie's site and they are pretty easy to read.

Beaglelady, Thank you. It is working out good. 

Flossiepots, I know about that but never thought about it this time. I wish I knew where my mind went, lol! In fact, the doilies are going to Australia. Thank you too. 

Archived