sc and in same sc as next slip stitch

Pippa Jayne Mares

Question

Hi,

Could I please get some help one understanding what this means?

the row is written as so:

ch1, turn; skip first slip st, sc in next 3 sc, 2 sc in next sc, sc in next 2 sc and in same sc as next slip st: total should be 8 sts.

what I am struggling with is - sc in same sc as next slip st

are they saying to create a single crotchet and a slipstitch in the same spot?

4 answers to this question

welcome to the ville :hook

What are you making?  Is this worked in the round or in rows?  

it sounds like  in the previous row/round, there is an sc that you slip stitched into, and now you will sc in that sc.  if it is in the round, i think it will be the place where you skipped a sl at at the beginning of this round.  

Hi,

I am trying to make Sylvester - this pattern starts of in a round but then changes to rows.

thankyou for your advice, (im still new to this whole forum thing)

here is the first 4 rows of this part of the pattern

Row 1: 2 Sc in next sc, sc in next sc, slip st in next sc. leave remaining  11sc unworked.

Row 2:Ch 1. lurn: skip first slip st, (2 sc in next sc. sc in next sc) twice. slip st in next sc: 7 sts.

Row 3:Ch 1, turn; skip first slip st, sc in next 3 sc, 2 sc in next sc, sc in next 2 sc and in same sc as next slip st: 8 sc.

thanks again

It would be best to review the crochetville guidelines; posting so much of a pattern is a violation of the pattern copyright and site guidelines.   

it would be best to just post the previous row, and delete the link you posted.  

OK so here is what I think you need to do on row 3.  That last sc is actually made into the sc in row 1; just work over the slip stitch that you made in row 2.  

Try that and see if it works.  I think it should work but if not, do post again and maybe somebody else can interpret it for you better than i have.  

Also, if you need more help (or have other questions later :-) ) you can post a photo of what you have made so far.  to do that, click on More Reply Options, and then below the posting area you will see Attach Files and you can upload photos there.  

Archived