Pattern Help

Rosysunset

Question

3 answers to this question

Phew!

My interpretation of this is that you join in anywhere at a dp point of the hat, work the first row, finish off, go back to the beginning of that row, join in the yarn again, but 2 stitches in front of it (these will be stitches of the last row of the actual hat), do the 2 stitches and then the 8 stitches of the last row you did (1st row of peak. Finish off each row of the peak at the end of the row. This is to keep all the rows on the right side.

Next row, again work the first stitches as directed, from the last row of the hat and then across the stitches of the last row of the brim just worked.

I think that this is to give you a curved or arched brim.

The brim is double thickness and that is why there are 2 parts which are then slip stitched together.

(I think)

Unfortunately, I've had to remove the link to the blog that posted the pattern.

The pattern was published in the 1960s and could still be under copyright protection. The blog author does not state whether 1) she has permission from the copyright owner to post the pattern if it is still under copyright or 2) she has taken the appropriate steps to verify that the copyright has expired.

Since we do not know the copyright status of this pattern, we are unable to allow a link to this particular site.

Archived