Help with Doreen Baby Sweater #206 pattern

minster

Question

I am trying to make a baby sweater using this pattern

http://www.freevintagecrochet.com/baby-patterns/doreen92/crochet-baby-set-pattern206

I was wondering if anyone that has made this may have kept a row count for the beginning yoke portion. I was wondering if the ch 3 at the start of each row was to count as a stitch. I am having troubles when it comes to the ends of the rows, my stitch pattern repeats are not ending as the pattern says that they should. 

When I looked at the pattern and tried to figure out the increases it looked like there would be an increase of 28 sts in each row. I show that would be 180 sts at the end of row 8 and the pattern states there would be 170 sts. 

Thanks!!

Mindy

2 answers to this question

I think it's a typo. I get 180 stitches like you, which should work out okay. I find vintage patterns often don't have correct totals often so don't fret about it. Come to think about it, many patterns don't.-lol

Anyway, your math is right.:)

Thanks for the response!!  I always like to hear that my math is correct as I am very math challenged.  I will go with the 180 sts and see what happens when I get to the main portion of the sweater.

Mindy

Archived