Help with pattern problem..or is it me?

jet49866

Question

I am having a problem understanding some of the instructions for the Mother's Day Table Topper, pattern by Carol Decker. How can I get ahold of her?  Can anyone else help me? It is confusing in the rows 23-34 of the tablecloth section. Thanks

4 answers to this question

The idea of how the chains and picots are supposed to be. if i try to follow the pattern, i end up getting more and more -lots more- chains and picots! dont think it is right, or i am wrong. really need to see what it is supposed to look like rows 23-34

Can you diagram rows 23-34.. or any part of it? I do not understand how these picots are supposed to be made...

I couldn't do that without doing the pattern which would take to long so I just did the one part to show what to do.

In row 22 You have a ch 4 then a sc ch2 sc in same sp, then ch 4 and sc ch 2 sc in same sp etc.

>>>>>Rnd 23: Join white with sc in any ch-4 sp, *[ch 3, dc in top of last sc made, picot (see Special Stitches), ch 3, dc in picot, skip next ch sp], sc in next ch sp; repeat from * around to last ch sp; repeat between [ ], join. Fasten off.<<<<<<<<<<

join white with a sc in a ch 4 sp then do a ch 3 and dc in the sc you started with, then do a picot which is (ch2 and sc in top of dc) just made, ch 3 and dc in that ch 2 sp you made for the picot, then sk the ch 2 sp in row below and sc in next ch4 and repeat what you did in first ch 4 

Edited to add next rnd

>>>>>Join white with sc in any picot, ch 3, dc in top of last sc made, picot, ch 3, dc in picot, *sc in next picot, ch 3, dc in top of last sc made, picot, ch 3, dc in picot; repeat from * around, join. Fasten off. <<<<

add white with sc in the Picot (ch 2 between the dc's) ch 3 dc in sc then do the picot in the top of the dc, then ch 3  dc in sc from picot and sc in next picot

post-10430-0-62618000-1397145924_thumb.jpg

post-10430-0-28903700-1397153984_thumb.jpg

post-10430-0-45274800-1397154009_thumb.jpg

Archived