Ripple Cluster Afghan

Michelle Thomlison Kurrelmeyer

Question

8 answers to this question

Where did you get the pattern?  What does row 1 consist of?  Are you stitching into the foundation chain or have you already done some other stitches?  I'd love to try to help, I just need a little more info first... 

It's a leisurearts.com pattern. Ch 177 then start first row. Dc in fourth ch from hook, ch 1, skip next 2chs, in next ch work [cluster, ch 1, cluster, ch 4 (cluster, ch 1) twice], * skip next 2 chs, work cluster in next ch, ch 1, skip next 4 chs, work cluster in next ch, ch 1, skip next 2 chs, in next ch work....what is between brackets until end.

I *think* there is a typo in this part

sc in next ch-1 so, ch 1

I'm going to say that it *should* read

sc in next ch-1 sp, ch 1

Would that make more sense?  I have no idea what <so> could be an abbreviation for, but <sp> is space and there are ch-1 spaces in row 1.  Others may weigh in on this with better advice, though.  Good luck!!

Oh, okay - you will put a sc stitch in the ch-1 space from the row below, then chain 1 (presumably to skip the actual stitch from the row below).

Have you made granny squares before?  It's the same basic concept; granny squares work the stitches into the chain spaces...

The ch-4 will be the peak of the ripple, and the "skip 4 ch" will be the valley.

I hope that makes sense!  :)  You may try looking up any you tube videos that explain the ripple stitch, sometimes I find it MUCH easier to "get it" when I see it.  And then, when I "get it" I want to facepalm... LOL

This is a pretty good overview of ripples (at least from the quick read-through I did).  It's not the same as your pattern, as yours has clusters and this doesn't.  The charts to give a good visual representation of the "peaks" and "valleys" though, so I thought you may find it helpful.  :D 

http://www.planetjune.com/blog/eyelet-ripple-crochet-pattern/

Archived