crocheted pinwheel circle sweater

shelleyb

Question

:ty Hi I'm new to this group and looking for some help  I am making a pinwheel crocheted sweater I understand Raverly had this pattern in knitted form.  I'm on row 24 and I think I'm ready to start the arm holes.  If someone could help me.  I'm lost  the picture on Laughing Willow blog doesn't seem to help me.  I have made baby sweaters with the raglan selves and they were easy enough  I don't feel there is enough detail in the pattern.  Or maybe its just me  BRAIN FREEZE  ha ha 

Also I am from western PA and new to the group  You all seem to be wonderful people and hope someone can lead me in the right direction  Stay warm be safe and thanks Shelley

7 answers to this question

i looked up Laughing Willow, so I guess this is the pattern you are using? http://thelaughingwillow.blogspot.com/2010/09/my-version-of-pinwheel-sweater.html    what exactly do you need help with?

it really isn't a detailed pattern.  Do notice it says the sweater will fall off the shoulders if it isn't fastened (that would be a deal-breaker for me, I hate things that constantly slide out of place).  And these are not raglan sleeves.  

Yes this is the sweater  I know she said it falls off the shoulders but I'm using a 4 ply yarn and I believe she used a finer one  I saw this on fb and someone had made it in chunky yarn  And I know they are not raglan selves (just was saying I know how to do them)  I am planning to put some type of button/pin for closure I am on my 24th row and feel its time to figure out these crazy arm holes  If you noticed the picture it seems really flimsy  mine is solid  Thanks for taking the time to help me  Stay warm and dry  2 below zero here  again  I appreciate it!

Thanks for the replies.  As soon as my grandson takes his nap I will start on it again.  If anyone knows an easy cardigan pattern please let me know I'm tired of making baby blankets and hats  Time to SPREAD my wings or hooks a little and  I would like to wear something I made. ( the baby was crawling on me and did something to the script)  Also a cowl pattern  Thanks everyone for the quick reply

There is a crochet along starting http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/149796-amy-cardigan-by-jenny-king-february-2014/

Those are fun because everybody talks about their progress and any questions. And in this case i think the designer will be involved for help too.

hey I hope I have figures this arm hole puzzle out.  I stopped where I thought the arm holes should be after looking and relooking at the pictures. I did it on my 24th row and then did the foundation dc and continued on. I then joined it back.  I have tried it on and it fits!!! This is the first thing Ive made other than an easy baby sweater pattern and baby blankets, hats, and scarfs.  Please don't get annoyed with me sometimes I need a good swift kick to understand.  Will post a pic when I'm done

Archived