Little Goddess

Stephanie Wahner

Question

I found a free pattern online for a little goddess. I'm having trouble starting it, because I am new to reading patterns (I only crocheted off of YouTube before). Any and all help will be greatly appreciated on this project, and a YouTube video would be wonderful lol. As soon as I figure out how to make this project I will make a YouTube video for it, so others like myself can do it. Please put as many details as possible down even explaining what things look like from one step to another (this helps me visualize what I should be doing).

I will explain round one and two because I cant seem to get past those steps (or I'm getting it right and I think I'm doing it wrong).

Rnd 1) ch2. 6sc in 1st ch (6sc) So I start this like normal then I chain 2, from there I chain 6 into the first loop. I think I get this part sort of. Round 2 is odd for me. When I'm done it looks like I have a little ball on the end of my chain.

Rnd 2) 2sc in each st around (12sc) Round 2 wants me to do 2 single crochet into each stitch around. So do I have to go back down my line and so singles into the little odd ball thing on the end as well? I need to know when it is suppose to turn round to start making the head.

If you want the whole pattern for yourself her blog s called redwoodstitch.blogspot.com. I tried to copy paste the web site I got this pattern from here but it wont take for some odd reason, but if you type in little crochet goddess in google it is normally the first one that pops up.

5 answers to this question

http://redwoodstitch.blogspot.com/2011/06/little-venus-little-goddess.html

You should not have a little ball. You should have a disc shape. Crochetcabana has a good tutorial on working in the round that should help http://www.crochetcabana.com/html/round_howto.html

Welcome to the ville :hook

there really should not be too much of a hole in the middle.  but that is easy to fix: when you are finished you can take the beginning yarn tail and thread it into a tapestry needle and weave it into the base of the first round of stitches, and pull it snug, then finish off.  

Archived