please help, it's my first pattern

Charlotte de Smet

Question

Dear crocheters,

i want to make something for my mom, she helped me through the loss of my unborn child, but till now i've only made granny squares (blankets) and hats, i want to make her a cardigan, so i found a pattern on garnstudio but there are a few things i don't understand,this is a part of the pattern, since i'm someone who likes to visualise this is very hard to understand, i will put the things i don't understand in 'bold'.

could someone please tell me how to make a drawn pattern out of this?

JACKET:
Work 139-151-163-179-196-213 ch on hook size 5 mm with Nepal. 
Work first row as follows: 1 dc in 2nd ch from hook, * 1 dc in each of the 3 next ch, skip 1 ch *, repeat from *-* until 1-1-1-1-2-3 ch remain and finish with 1 dc in each of the last ch = 104-113-122-134-147-160 dc, turn piece. READ CROCHET INFO and work TEXTURE ROWS upwards – see explanation above. REMEMBER THE CROCHET TENSION!
When piece measures approx. 45-46-47-48-49-50 cm, divide for armholes and finish each part separately as follows:

FRONT PIECE:
Continue with texture rows back and forth over the outermost 22-24-26-29-32-35 sts in one side of piece (= front piece). When piece measures approx. 62-64-66-68-70-72 cm – finish after 1 row with dc, cut the yarn. Repeat over the outermost 22-24-26-29-32-35 sts in the other side of piece

the bold underlined thing i do not understand is how you can end with 1 chain and then = 122 dc (i need the third measurement)

3 answers to this question

You will ch 163 do a dc in the 2nd ch from hook, do one dc in each of the next 3ch then skip one ch , then repeat doing (one dc in each of the next 3 ch skip one ch )until you have one ch left to work in, and dc in that ch. It means you should have 122 dc in that row as you had worked in chs. but skipped them too.

All of those numbers with dashes between them refer to different sizes. If you make the smallest size, you'll crochet to the last one. A couple of the larger sizes have you going to the last two or three, depending. When you have a pattern like that, it'll save you time and aggravation if you take a highlighter to it right now and mark the size you're making.

Archived