ending the row

lilkimxo

Question

at the end of each row the pattern says to stop at the last 8 dc, then (dc2tog) 3 times, dc in last 2 dc. So does that mean I am skipping over 1 dc to dc in last 2 dc? does that make sense? like of the 8 dc's I am only doing something into 3 of them then into 2 of them so the third dc from the end is skipped? Am really frustrated with my first attempt at a ripple afghan because the ends keep going over, am on my 9th row and figure I'll just curl the ends in somehow but can't imagine this is how it's supposed to be turning out. lol

3 answers to this question

When a pattern tells you to work until the last 8 dcs it's telling you to follow the pattern all the way uncross until there are 8 dcs left and then stop.

Each dcdec uses 2 stitches and there three of them - so that's 6 stitches total.  Then you put a dc in each of the last 2 in the row.  6+2=8.

oh my, i am so glad you typed dcdec I googled it and now realize i've been dc2tog into one ch.. on my now it makes sense as to why i am running out of yarn too.  oh my lol  nothing ventured nothing gained geesh thank you so much for your reply hon

Archived