Need Help understanding doily pattern

Minnie

Question

When it comes to doilies with roses, I always seem to run into a problem with the roses.  I hope someone here can help me to understand this pattern.

The pattern is with the Rose on the Rose Circle doily from Crochet County Fair Lily Design Book #51  I get lost at the round for the rose that says: 

ch2, 1dc, 7trc, and 1 dc, all in next tr loop, but before that I was doing a dc.  The only trc loop would be at the beginning, but I understand this to be a 

string that has to be rolled up later.  I'm going in circles, I hope someone can understand this and explain it to me.

Thank you in advance.

Here is the part of the pattern I mentioned.

ROSE In Shd. Yellows, 

(Ch 8, Dble-Tr in first st drawing it up to same length as Ch-8) 8 times. 
(Ch 6, Tr in first st) 8 times. 
(Ch 4, Dc in first st) 8 times, 
(Ch 2, 5 Dc over bar of Dc, Ch 2, SLst between Dc lps) 8 times. 
(Ch 2, 1 Dc, 7 Tr and 1 Dc all in next Tr lp, Ch 2, SLst between lps) 8 times. 
(Ch 2, 1 Dc, 1 Tr, 7 Dble-Tr, 1 Tr and 1 Dc all in next Dble-Tr lp, Ch 2, SLst between lps) 8 times.
Break yarn.

Starting at small end, coil Rnd around and around into (1) Rose (4 rows around) and tack. 
In Cream, (Ch 10, Tr tr in first st, drawing it up to same length as Ch-10) 8 times. 
(Ch 2, 1 Dc, 1 Tr, 2 Dble-Tr, 9 Tr Tr, 2 Dble-Tr, 1 Tr and 1 Dc all in Tr tr lp, Ch 2, SLst between lps)
8 times. Break yarn.

3 answers to this question

To begin you ch 8 do a dtr in the first ch, then do another ch 8 do a dtr in the first ch and do that untill you have eight of those loops, then ch 6 do a tr in the first ch, ch 6 again do a tr in the first ch, and do those untill you have eight loops, and then ch 4 do a dc in first ch, then continue for 8  of the dc loops, then  you will be going back and work across those loops like the pattern says.

edited --changed ch 3 to ch 4 for dc loops

Will see how mine works later. 

Archived