What is this stitch?

Zebedee

Question

Doing another bonnet, I have come aross a stitch I can't grasp. On the 3rd round, the pattern states "3ch, *1tr Rtrf around next tr, 1 tr into next tr, rep from * to last tr 1tr Rtrf around last tr, ss to top of 3ch. Rep 3rd rnd 5 times."

The pattern definition of Rtrf is "Inserting hook from front and from right to left around stem of next tr, complete tr." The previous round is just is round of trebles. But I can't get the right number of stitches on the hook to make the stitch a treble and I'm not sure I am going round the stem of the right treble, when do I yarn over, etc?

Can anyone post an idiot guide of how to do this stitch please? Even better, post a video of yourselves creating the stitch for me to follow?? :lol

:ty

3 answers to this question

to me that sounds like a front post sttich. do the yarnover(s) before inserting the hook around the post. explanation and short very clear video here http://www.nexstitch.com/v_front_back_post_stitch.html  this shows a US double but the procedure would be the same for US treble except you would yarnover twice.  

and if your pattern is using UK terms by any chance,  the UK triple is the same as US double.  

Archived