Herrschners blue star afghan questions

chicksmama

Question

I am starting the blue star afghan and already have a question for those of you who have made this afghan.

In making the granny squares that go around the center star, the pattern for the side squares it says: 

With proper color yarn work Rnd 1, then work first half of beg corner of Rnd 2, holding the center square and current square back to back, (but having current square in front) sc in a corner ch 2 sp of center square, (drop center square) work 3 dc in same ch 2 sp of current square, with center square back to back with current square sc in ch 1 sp of center square, (drop center square), work first half of next corner of current square, with center square back to back with current square sc in ch 2 corner sp of center square, (drop center square), work 3 dc in same ch 2 sp of current square, ch 1, finish Rnd 2 of current square.

My question is:  it says to work first half of beg corner of Rnd 2.  Now on the corners you have 3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc.  In joining the current square with the center square, do I on the current square do 3 dc, ch 1, sc in center square, ch 1, 3 dc in current square, or do I not do the ch 1's in the corner.   

The reason I'm asking this question is this pattern is known to have several mistakes in it and I'm wondering if it is a mistake not saying to do 3 dc, ch 1, sc in center square, ch 1, 3 dc?  This is why I asked for someone who has made this beautiful afghan to answer my question.

Thank you,

chicksmama

2 answers to this question

The reason I'm asking this question is this pattern is known to have several mistakes in it and I'm wondering if it is a mistake not saying to do 3 dc, ch 1, sc in center square, ch 1, 3 dc?  This is why I asked for someone who has made this beautiful afghan to answer my question.

Thank you,

chicksmama

Have you contacted Herrschners yet?  They may have a correction available.

Archived