pearl's cardigan pattern help!

anicepl

Question

I finished up to row14 of the yoke on a pattern called Pearl's Cardigan in a book called Crochet so Fine. Now I am totally lost, and don't have any other friends who crochet. I dont understand row 15 of the yoke. What does "5dc in each of next 6 ch-5 sps, 10 dc in next ch-5 sp (inc), 5 dc in each of next 6 ch-5 sps, 5 dc in each of next 12 ch-5 sps" mean? when i did 5 dc in each of the next 6 spaces this did not look right and the directions did not even cover the whole row, so I am thoroughly confused. Has anyone had the same problem or crocheted this pattern that can help me?

Also at the end of that row it says to " 2dc in last sc, turn -224 dc." then Row 16 says to repeat row 10-44 ch-5 sps, but all I have done is 14 rows, so this doesn't make sense to repeat rows 10-44.

5 answers to this question

Welcome to the ville :hook

I can clear up one thing:  when it says row 10-44 sps, it mean that row 10 has 44 spaces in it.  so for row 16 just repeat row 1.  edited to say:  not row 1!  Row 10...sorry about that

Did you look online to see if there are any errata for the book?

if i remember right it was published by Interweave so there should be errata posted on their site if there are any.  Row 15 looks to me like there is somehitng missing---it seems odd to give identiccal instructions for the next 6 sps then the next 12 sps...like maybe there should be another increase in between there.  

well here are the errata for the book http://www.interweave.com/corrections/Crochet-So-Fine-Corrections.asp

i looked up the table of contnets on Amazon and it looks like your pattern starts on pg 114 so i don't think there are any errata for it.  

Are you on Ravelry?  I found a crochet-along there http://www.ravelry.com/discuss/lion-brand-pearls-cardigan-cal/1304631/176-200#193

post 193 is a question about row 15 and there are several answers, post 198 talks about several increases in the row.  there are also some photos that might be helpful.

is there anything in row 15 like "repeat from * to *" ?  

i managed to look at the pattern on the look inside feature on Amazon.  there are 4 increases in row 15.  after the  sections where it says to make 5 dc in each of next __  ch5 sps, it says to make 10 dc in next ch5 sp (inc).  inc = increase.  

looks like the print migth be a bit faint, it may be worth it to rewrite the long rows to make it easier to read.  

Archived