Desiree

Question

Hi,

I am working on a pattern from the April 2012 issue of Craft 'n Things.  The name of the pattern is Crochet Flowers & Lace Jumper by Shannon Mullet-Bowlsby for Caron International.

The pattern can be worked in 5 sizes by year: 2 years (4 years, 6 years, 8 years, 10 years).  I chose to make the jumper for a 2 year old.

I have begun shaping the armholes at Row 8.  It reads like this:  Row 8 (10, 13, 19, 22):  Ch1, etc....  I completed this row once and came out with the right amount of stitches-41.  It reads like this:   41 (44, 47, 50, 53) sts.  I did not follow the numbers in the parenthesis because I know I would use those if I were to make the jumper for an older child respectively.

The problem that I am having is with Row 9.  It reads like this:  Row 9 (11, 14, 20, 23) -18 (22, 25, 31, 35):  Ch1, etc.....

I need help in how to proceed with Row 9.  Also if I were to upsize it how would I follow the directions.

Thanks for your help.

Desiree

3 answers to this question

it is giving the directions for a group of rows.  You will use it for rows 9 to 18.  if you were makig the second size it would be rows 11 to 22.  

seems to me it could have been clearer if they said rows 9-18 (11-22, 14-25, 20-13, 23-35)  

What exactly do youwant to knwo about upsizing?  

Thank you so much.  How you explained it makes sense.  I agree with you on how they could have written it.  For the upsizing I meant if I wanted to make it for an older child, but you gave me  the answer.

Thanks again,

Desiree

Archived