Bear pattern help

Jumper

Question

I've done a smaller bear and have gotten OK at reading patterns (or so I thought) then I started this bear and realized I was lost after round 1, lol. It's not the british to english that's tripping me up, I got the dc=sc down.

It's where it says Rnd 2: "1ch, 2dc into same stitch as chain" that I can't figure out what exactly that is telling me to do. Before this instruction, the end of the last round is just to join with a sl st. So I'm sitting here with round one and the slip stitch done on my hook trying to figure out how to chain 1 and do two  sc in the "same stitch as the chain." and I can't seem to picture or puzzle out how to do this.

Considering all the rounds start out with this instruction, I figured I needed some clarity (rather than do what I normally do which is understand 90% of the pattern and bumble around until I get whatever I don't understand somewhat close to right and it ends up looking OK ;)

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/buttercup-bear

1 answer to this question

You slip stitch to connect the round, chain one, and in the same stitch you connected the round (so the stitch you slip stitched into), you do the two single crochets.  In other words, you will be making two single crochets into each of the six single crochets from the first row.  The wording is a bit weird, and really should read: "1ch, 2dc into same stitch as slip stitch"

Archived