Newbie needs some pattern help, please :-)

SamiJellison

Question

So, like the little go-getter that I am, I have just started to crochet recently and was anxious to start working on a pattern that I just bought. So far so good- I've been teaching myself the stitches as I go along, usually through YouTube or some online tutorial. I am having a hard time deciphering this pattern however. The abv's aren't too much of a problem as I can look those up, but here's where I am stuck

Row 2: 1ch, turn, 1 sc in next 6hdc, 1hdc in next 2 hdc.<-----this part is what I need broken down very simply as my fragile little brain seems to be reading this backwards or completely incorrectly.

My name is Sam btw and I'm super excited to have found this site- I'm sure I'll be back often to ask for more help and a big old "Thank You" for all of your help in advance!

Thanks,

Sam

2 answers to this question

Hi Sam!

I'm hoping row one was a row of hdc, so on row 2. you chain one, turn your work around so your can start on this next row and do 1 single crochet in each of the next 6 stitches (they were hdc in the previous row, sc in this row) next do a hdc in the next 2 stitches... all set!!

I hope that helps, it's just telling you this row you are working single crochets in the half doubles you did on the previous row, hope that clears it up.

Archived