Friendship Rings Afghan help!

Hannah Hodapp

Question

I am working on a pattern from the book Easy Weekend Afghans. It's called Frindship Rings, and I am having trouble joining the rings together. :no  The instructions I'm having trouble reading say, "replacing first 3 CC pcs of 2nd circle with joining ps to corresponding psat bottom of previous motif and last 3 MC ps at top of 2nd motif to corresponding CC ps at bottom of previous motif. MC circle on MC and B motif will be at right hand side; MC circle on MC and D motif will be on the right side." Can anyone please help?"

Thank You!! :yes

%21CEY%28LoQB2k~$%28KGrHqMOKowE0fm6Y-ZGB

4 answers to this question

Welcome to the ville :hook

the pattern should define what the abbreviations stand for; if that info is not in the pattern  itself, look through the whole book as it is probably in the front or back of the book.   I believe that MC is main color and CC is contrast color.  

Where are you in the construction? have you joined the rings already and now you are working around them?  

I actually did look through the whole book, and while it did tell me what CC and Mc meant I still don't know what its asking me to do when it says "replacing first 3 CC pcs of 2nd circle with joining ps to corresponding ps at bottom of previous motif..." I basically know what the abbreviations mean, but I don't understand what the line I posted above is asking me to do exactly. I'm not sure what you mean when you ask where I am in the construction, but I can tell you that we are working on joinging the rings together. That's what I don't understand. The line I placed above is word for word what they are instructing me to do to connect one set of friendship rings, to another. I'm sorry, I'm probably not making any sense, this is only the 4th pattern I have ever read, I just learned how! But I've been crocheting for years, so as soon as I understand what it wants me to do I can do the blanket!

Thanks for any help you can give!

ps stands for (picots) and pcs is the abbreviation for (pieces). I'm not sure about the pcs part because the book doesn't say. but I believe it's right. I checked the entire book and that's what it says. Here's a pic of what I have so far:

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=4cb7ee27d7&view=att&th=13d062cd6ceef735&attid=0.1&disp=safe&realattid=1427749662291394560-1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P8PQ7bUKxgcnEX920o4NqyC&sadet=1361608419719&sads=1qOw6lqeVAt6hcYY9JUBqFFnDlE&sadssc=1

Archived