Very Small Boy Appliques

dalmatianmom

Question

I am making baby hats/caps to donate to my local hospitals. It's so easy to come up with a butterfly, bow, flower to add to a little baby girl's hat, but I cannot for the life of me find small little baby boy appliques like a car, frog, fish, dinosaur etc. Can anyone help? The baby hats are so small so these need to be as well. I've found refrigerator sized renditions of these, but I am not very good with adapting a pattern like this to a smaller size.

Thanks for any help.

Karen

4 answers to this question

Here's 26 pages of appliques and embellishments. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/search#craft=crochet&sort=best&pc=frog|applique&view=captioned_thumbs

Another thing you can look for or google is 'fridgies' or refrigerator magnets.

If you find some that you like but are too big you could always make them with embroidery floss and a #3 steel hook or thread.

Thanks, Michele, for the input. I was able to get a couple of cute boy appliques from Ravelry, but most of the people posting them charge for the patterns. When you're doing a project to donate and have to pay for yarn, on a retired income it's difficult to add any more expense.

Thank you so much, Mary aka webfeet. I only hope I can tweak for little hats/caps...lol I like the idea of substituting sc for dc. As I said, I am beginning again after a couple of decades of not crocheting. With help likes yours and others, I will get the hang of all of this again. I appreciate the help more than you know.

Karen

Archived