tips for wire crochet?

Earth Angel

Question

I picked up some wire, seed beads, and toggle fasteners in hopes of crocheting some bracelets for myself. But I need to master crocheting the wire before I start making the bracelets. I tried a few times last night and today, have gotten a little better at it but it's definately as difficult as I expected it to be. Normally I don't have the patience for this sort of thing, but for some reason I really want to master this art! My poor little fingers are sore from the wire. Does anyone have any tips? My main question is how do you keep your tension even so all the stitches look the same? I did a couple rows today and nearly all the stitches look completely different. lol I read on a site your first several wire crochet projects will look like homemade brillo pads... and boy, do they! :P

1 answer to this question

I work with wire, first thing I found is 28 gauge and up wire works best. As for the rest, it comes with practice. Also it is a bad idea to use the hook for yarn again. Hope this helps:cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer

Archived