Vintage patterns....

DonataJCrochet

Question

I have tons of vintage patterns from the 60s and 70s. Seeing that a lot of these items are now fashionable again, I am curious as to how do I go about modifying them to fit today's sizes:think ?I am new here so maybe this has been addressed before but all suggestions, links and what not are greatly appreciated!:confused

3 answers to this question

I can't help with resizing as I am no good at that lol. But I wanted to share this link with you - http://www.crochettreasures.com/vintagestitches.htm You might already know it but thought I would share anyway in case you don't, and for anyone else who doesn't. The Vintage stitches were made differently than we do them today. That site tells how to make some of them. :) It says it's for pre 1930's patterns, but I have some patterns from the 50s that use those same instructions as well (I tried making an item just following modern stitch instructions just to test it out and it wasn't a good thing! lol So I reverted back to the vintage stitches and it was perfect!) so you might have to play with it a bit before figuring out what stitches to use - vintage or modern.

I've been making some vintage items lately and love all of them so much! They are just so much fun to make. I did not realize that vintage items were becoming the "in" thing - have not seen it around here except for what I have. I hope nobody else here starts to like vintage items. I don't like being "in" or "normal" so if everyone else starts carrying around vintage items... mine will have to go in the closet till it's "out" again! :P I'm completely nuts, I know.... lol

Archived