Crochetworld Broomstick Lace beret help!

scockrell02

I'm working on a broomstick lace beret pattern from CrochetWorld I bought from e-patternscentral.com pattern #EC00401. I have the Beret part pretty much down except the last section. The patterns calls for me to: "With yarn needle, stitch through the last row of sc to draw the top of the hat closed, beg to seam the Beret, stitching in the end rows of sc and extending length of yarn along the broomstick lp rows. stitch to the end of the seam."

The main pattern called for me to SC and turn for 2 rows, the draw up loops, the continue to SC. Closer to the top I've had to dec in next 2 SC. I'm just not sure what I'm supposed to do to join it together.

Please help!

Sarah

You are going to thread a long piece of yarn into the yarn needle. You will weave this yarn in and out in the last row of sc, like a gathering thread, then pull it tight to close the top. With the same thread, now sew the seam to close the beret, stitching carefully through the end of the sc rows on each edge to join, then sort of jump over the broomstick rows, leaving the yarn loose, then join the next matching sc rows. You may run out of yarn and have to rethread your needle.

Think of it as a pie. Remove one slice from the pie. Now sew the two opposite sides from where you removed the slice together. That's what you are doing.

Jean Leinhauser

Archived