Blankets for Canada

Milotis78

I don't know if this charity has been mentioned here, so I thought I would seeing as the cold weather is coming up quickly and there are many people in Canada (and the world) that need help keeping warm this winter. All of the blankets made for this charity stay in Canada, but there are other organizations (that are mentioned on this board) for the USA and other countries. :)

Blankets for Canada Society

Blankets for Canada (Michael's Drop Boxes)

"Create 20.32 cm x 20.32 cm (8-inch x 8-inch) squares using any basic knitting or crochet patterns" ... So if anyone has an 8-inch by 8-inch square pattern they'd like to share, please do! My sister and I are both new to crochet and this would be a great way for us to practice different stitches. :)

:manyheart

Wow great link Samantha! Its great to have some "local" charities for us Canadians (I don't really care where my "stuff" goes as long as its appreciated) BUT I must say .. the fact that I don't have to sew all those squares together is a bonus - uh oh gotta run, my 2-YO just woke up

Thanks again

Fran

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad to have helped (find something). Hopefully the word will get out and people will be making squares galore. I plan to make a few squares for Katrina victims as well.

Archived