CGOA Master Class

Joy Harmon

Since there are no real classes for this course, I was wondering if anyone wants to share information. It's not supposed to be a test. It's supposed to be a class, so we should be allowed to help each other. I e-mailed Jean Leinhauser to ask if we can send questions to the contact person and she said that would not be practical, but I could ask her questions. I feel a little strange doing this because if everyone did it then it would be impossible.

I am about half way through and some of the directions don't seem to work out. I thought I was doing pretty well until this section, but I just don't know what to think now. Of course, errors in directions are not unusual in crochet. But since it is for a class, it leaves me wondering if I am missing something obvious or if it really is a mistake.

Here's my problem:

#27 swatch, Little Shells is supposed to repeat after Row 3. But if you do it the way it says, you will not come out with the same number of stitches you had on row 2. I tried working it up twice and then I charted it and it doesn't seem right. It says to crochet into the center of the shell the first time and into the first loop of the 5 chains the second time. This would come out uneven; which would mean it would be impossible to repeat row 2 because it is an even repeat and row 3 creates an uneven repeat across the row.

Hope someone else figured this one out. Or if you are just having the same problem, then tell me that, too. Then we can at least share ideas on how to make it work into something that looks nice.

Archived