about to give up

I am working on my 2010 fair items. So far I have 2 christening dresses, a toddler dress, and an afghan that is half way done. The thread I used for the christening dresses isn't a pure white (its more eggshell and I did not notice this when I bought it) and I can't find any ribbon to match the white of the dresses. I have never had this issue before but I hate these dresses. I don't have time to redo them. I am also getting very bored with this afghan...most of it is single crochet and cables and it is using way more yarn than the patter said. It's getting expensive. Spring is here and the desire to be outside playing in my garden and at the park with my child is stronger than the desire to look at these projects. How do you crochet when you are struck with Spring Feaver or when your projects are not turning out like you planned?

I will put the project aside that is making me nuts. In the spring and summer I will start using only thread. Yarn is to hot. I work outside in the morning and crochet in the afternoon.

Try a cream colored ribbon or even yellow or green. I find it sometimes helps make the outfit look better to me. Just a thought.

Hey take a couple of days off and enjoy the spring.:hook

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Tampa Doll,get away from the projects for a couple of days and then go back to them. Find different colors to go with the dresses and it might make you feel better about them. You need to do this otherwise you'll never will finish them and just put everything away,

Archived