Special Hook???

I have been a good girl this year and Santa has agreed to bring me the book "Gourmet Crochet How to Make Single Crochet Entrelac". :cheer Can anyone tell me if there is a special hook and what size to have on hand? I have never tried this before and I would like to be prepared. Do I need anything else? Thanks for any help or suggestions you can give, I'm so excited.

here is a entry from a website i found when I searched that book

Materials

Single crochet entrelac may be worked with any yarn and appropriate hook size. Placemat and hot pads shown are made with 100% cotton worsted-weight yarn and size H crochet hook. Baby afghans shown are made with Baby Bee Sweet Delight acrylic/polyamide blend baby yarn in #70 Infant Teal (aqua), #66 Surf Baby (pale aqua), #40 Boo Pink (medium pink), #36 Pink-a-Boo (pale pink), #39 Meema's Blue (periwinkle blue), #60 Sugar Plum and size H crochet hook. Single crochet entrelac is wonderful for scrap projects of any size from hot pads to afghans.

ignore the refrences to the hotpads lol.. i was just tryin to find you a hoook refrene :)

Archived