granny squares

Hi all

I am new to Crochetville, so please forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong place. I hope this does not sound to silly, but what is the best way to sew together granny squares? I have not crchetd in so long, and I get frustrated when ever I try to start something. I tear it out.

A while back I thought I woud make a simple granny square afgahn, all one peice, but the bigger it got, the more it ruffled up.

There are so many things I would love to try and make, but I only know the very very basics of crocheting, singles, doubles, half crochets, and such. I know I am prbably making myself sound reall dumb, but I need HELP!

Thank you for listening!

Hi and welcome to the Ville! this thread has some good ideas on joining http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=95684 I know there are other discussions of it but this was the first one i could find. the Crochet Help section is a great place to find all kinds of good info.

I really think one or two good reference books are good to have also, and you can probably find them at your local library. Crocheting in Plain English by Maggie Righetti is great for explaining things so you can really understand the structure of crochet, and Donna Kooler's Encyclopedia of Crochet is a very good all-around reference; it has stitch illustrations for left and right handed crocheters.

Archived