Lily Chin's Dahlia top

The pattern is available here

Has anyone made this? I'm working on it, and I've nearly finished the body part but am having 2nd thoughts because the bottom part seems to flare out too much - there's loads of it. I'm thinking of pulling it out back to the waist and re-doing it with less increasing.

I was curious to know if anyone has made it and found the same problem.

Other than that, I love the pattern.

Edited to add: I've contacted the moderators and asked them to move this to a more appropriate forum (I have show and tell bookmarked and just dived straight in) and to change the name in the title, the designer is LilyGo not Lily Chin. However since that doesn't appear to be happening I thought I'd point out and apolocise for my blunders here. Sorry!

Oh I agree it's gorgeous. I love her patterns. And I like the flare as it is on the photo there - but mine seems to increase so much more, it's like a little ballerina tutu kind of frill. Well, I exaggerate, but you get the idea.

I have started unwinding......

If you like the look of it, I promise you that once you start it doesn't seem half so complicated as it does when you look at it first time. The hardest part is the measuring and calculations to get your fit before you start.

Archived