Fun with a granny square

We had a big storm yesterday and it made my body start aching like no tomorrow. So I came home from work and got into bed. Perfect crochet weather. :D

I felt like doing something different so I grabbed a ball of scrap yarn and started on a granny square. I wanted to play with different stitches within the square so I started it with dc and then did a round of sc then back to dc, then a tc, just playing around. Then I decided I wanted to make it a rectangle. I play pool in a league on sundays, and I have a large granny square that I attach to my case to lay out on tables and such to rest my pool cues on. So I thought a rectangle would be nice for this purpose. So I did tc on one side, dc, then tc then dc to start it in a rectangle. Switched to sc then dc. Now its a nice little rectangle and I think today I'm gonna try that double treble that was mentioned here.

I think I'm gonna make a bunch of these granny rectangles for my pool case, one to match any mood I might be in Sundays!!!!

I'm so glad I found this forum. It started me crocheting again!!!!! All because bf got me a crochet magazine at Borders one night a week ago and it mentioned forums!!!! YAY! I love being a hooker!!!!!! :cheer

I'll post a pic when I'm done with it. Its really fun to manipulate a square into a different shape. I started doing it on my freestyle ghans to get a rectangle shape out of a square shape. Its fun! I just had the idea too, to start a square and then manipulate it so that the center of the square ends up being off center, if that makes sense......like starting a square and then doing a triple, corner, triple, then double corner double so that the center ends up being off center. Hmmmm......maybe I'll manipulate my rectangle to make that......ok I have stuff I need to do today. I need to stop being a hooker for now haha!!!

Archived