Help!

Mrs-wolfe

Question

Hello everyone my names Naomi and i am new to the forum :)

For the past week i have been driving myself crazy with a  crochet baby bootie pattern (see link) i am wondering if anyone with more experence than me can help me out.

Its after round 10 i have the trouble making the left and right straps..if i slip stitch 10 to the left you are working in the front of the work and slip stitching to the right you are working in the back of the work this changes the look on the outside of the boot so they dont match?...Also it says on the left strap (round 12) LEFT SHOE: Hdc 3, ch2, sk2, hdc in next 27 st.  Ch1, turn. (32) if i do this the button hole will me on the bootie and not the strap like the right one?  Am i being blind about this or stupid i just dont get it! I sould mention i am from the uk and the pattern is an American pattern I am making the 0-3 month ones

Many Thanks xxx

The boots in question

http://www.quarteredheartcrochet.com/2013/08/free-crochet-pattern-baby-wrap-around-boots-pattern-in-4-sizes-from-neworn-to-18-months.html

1 answer to this question

if i slip stitch 10 to the left you are working in the front of the work and slip stitching to the right you are working in the back of the work this changes the look on the outside of the boot so they dont match?

I wouldn't worry about whether your working on the right side or the wrong side of the wrap-strap on the bootie.  It looks like these are made crocheting back and forth, so you will be alternating RS and WS anyways.  The slight differences in the stitches won't be noticed on the final product.

Also it says on the left strap (round 12) LEFT SHOE: Hdc 3, ch2, sk2, hdc in next 27 st.  Ch1, turn. (32) if i do this the button hole will me on the bootie and not the strap like the right one?  

I think you are absolutely correct about button hole.  I think the pattern is written wrong.  I would stitch both the right bootie and the left bootie exactly the same for Row 12, making the button hole on the end of the wrap-strap.

You mention being from the UK, so I am assuming you know: US sc = UK dc; US hdc = UK htc; US dc = UK tc; etc.

Archived