Help with doll dress please

MidnyteBloom

Question

Hi everybody,

I've recently fallen in love with making doll clothes. I found this pattern online

http://www.making-doll-clothes.com/American-Girl-Crochet-Spring-Dress.html

And have had quite a few problems. I have managed to make it to the top of the dress, but now I'm stuck and hoping someone can help. I don't think I started the front of the dress in the right place because I'm moving on to the back of the dress and have no way of creating a sleeve opening on one side of yhe dress. The pattern says to start the front of the dress at the legt backside of dress, which is what caused the problem. But if I would try to start the front further inon the waistline, I won't have the nine stitches on the side necessary to create sleeve hole. I'll try to attach a photo. Has anyone made this dress or have any tips for completing this pattern? Thanks in advance for your help.

post-71393-0-93944000-1396480413_thumb.jpg

1 answer to this question

I suspect that the pattern might be not clear. I think that the maker, meant you to fold it and find the front and the back and start the front from there, so that you would be working much further over. It looks like it has a back opening and you work the back in two parts.

Does this sound logical?

Archived