baby sun hat pattern help

kacyannlevy

Question

Hey all,

Make a sun hat for my daughter. I am a beginner crochet, so still learning .

I past part of the pattern below  it. What I don't get is when the it say work lace pattern 2 times, then it say work rounds 1 and 2 one more time. Does that mean  I would work rds 1  a total of 4 times then move on to rds 2 .

round. Work lace pattern (below) 2 times. Work rounds 1 and 2 one more time.

Lace Pattern:

Rd 1: *(k2tog) 2 times, (M1, k1) 4 times, (ssk) 2 times. Repeat from *around. 

Rds 2 -4: Knit even.

2 answers to this question

This is a knitting pattern not a crochet pattern. What is the name of the pattern; is it available online somewhere that we could look at it? Just post a link to the pattern if it is online. If it is from a book, what book?

I will try to help based just on the information you have provided:

The lace pattern consists of 4 rounds. When it says to work the lace pattern 2 times that means you will be working rounds 1-4 of the lace pattern two times, for a total of 8 rounds. Just work them in order: round 1, then round 2, round 3, round 4. Then start again with round 1. After you finish the last round of the second repeat of the lace pattern, when it says to work rounds 1 & 2 once more, that means you will do exactly that: work round 1 once more, followed by round 2. You will have worked 10 rounds once that is done: two full repeats of the lace pattern = 8 rounds plus the first 2 rounds a third time = 10 rounds total.

Archived