Still learning

Melinda Henson Rogers

Question

I need help on round 6 of this blanket. It just does not make sense. Any help would be appreciated. :manyheart

5th rnd: Ch 3. 1 dc in next dc. *(2 dc. Ch 2. 2 dc) – cluster

made in next ch-2 sp. 1 dc in each of next 2 dc. Rep from *

to last ch-2 sp. Cluster in last ch-2 sp. Join.

6th rnd: Sl st in each dc across to next ch-2 sp. (Ch 3.

1 dc. Ch 2. 2 dc) in same sp – beg cluster made. *1 dc in each

of next 2 dc. Miss next 2 dc. 1 dc in each of next 2 dc.**

Cluster in next ch-2 sp. Rep from * to last 6 dc. Rep from *

to **. Join.

1 answer to this question

It's a round ripple of some kind, right?

If you were going to fasten off the yarn and change colors, you'd attach the new yarn in the center of the shell from the last row. This pattern calls the (2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc) "clusters" when they're usually described as shells--either way, the points are developing on the blanket, and from here on you'll be working a cluster in that same spot on each round. If there's a picture, do you see the points?

If you don't know what the pattern means by slip stitching, there's probably a video on here. It's a way to move from one part of the pattern to another while leaving some stitches more or less unworked, usually to make it easier to follow the pattern later. If you were changing colors, you'd have joined the round and fastened off, then attached the new yarn in a ch-2 space and started the round. The slip stitches just move you from where the join is to the spot for the cluster.

I know that's clear as mud and I reallly wish you were sitting here, because it would take me way less time to show you than tell you! :)

Archived