Blossom Festival Scarf - for May

darski

Blossom Festival Scarf

post-4896-135897404537_thumb.jpg

Materials:

5.5mm & 6.mm hook and

WW yarn—green and pink.
Buttons (yellow) for blossom centres if you choose to do it this way.

My green is a Mill End so I can’t tell you much about it. I can tell you that it is just a titchy bit thicker than the pink. The pink yarn is Bernat Satin. I used very, very little of the pink yarn and about half a skein – maybe 2 ounces of the green. It is really hard to guesstimate yarn from a mill end.

I should explain that this started out to be another pattern but I did not like the way that one was going with this yarn. (I still plan to make that other one later) I looked at it and wondered what to do with all that work and this pattern is the result.

This scarf could be made in any length you wish and gauge is really not important for a scarf. My scarf is about 66 inches long.

post-4896-135897404541_thumb.jpg

This pattern uses a multiple of 6 plus 2

OOPS I forgot to define a shell :blush

shell (4 dc, ch 2, 4 dc) in same st .

With green yarn and 6.mm hook chain 168

Row one works around both sides of the original chain.

Row 1: Sc in 2nd chain from hook *skip next 2 ch, shell in next ch, skip next 2 ch, sc in next ch; rep from * to end then work the same pattern along the other side. Join /w slip stitch in beginning sc. (28 shells)

Row 2: ch 11, sc in next sc all the way around the scarf. Join /w sl st. (56- ch 11 spaces)

Row 3 is done in a completely random manner. You are creating a leaf point and in some ch 11 spaces you will work 2 points and in some you work only 1. The trick is to do the opposite number when you are working on the other side.

Row 3: Work [sc, hdc, 2dc, tr, ch1, tr, 2dc, hdc, sc] over chain ll. Repeat this pattern if you want a double point leaf here or move on and work the pattern in the next ch 11 space. When you do 2 points in a space, you do not have to repeat the sc for the 2nd one. You can but you don’t have to.

post-4896-135897404544_thumb.jpg

The blossom. You can use any pattern that you feel would look like a blossom and fits the scale. This is what I did for mine

With pink and 5.5mm hook

Ch 2, 8 sc in 2nd ch from hook. And join. (9 sc)

Form petal…
Ch 5, sc in 2nd ch from hook, hdc in next, dc in next 2ch, sc in next sc from round one. Repeat for every sc of row 1. join final petal to 1st sc and break off. Tidy all ends. Sew to shell centre with a yellow button for blossom centre.

I made enough blossoms to put one in every 3rd shell. That was 10 blossoms.

Note for some reason, the font size is messing with me. Can't fix it... life is tough sometimes.

Copyright: Darlene Cutler - 2009

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

I am so going to have to make this!

RoseRed you took the words right out of my mouth. Thank you for the beautiful design Darski, :yay

:mug:cat:yarn

That is very beautiful!! Such talent. Im not a top notch :crocheting, but maybe soon someday I can try it.

Archived