Houston Holocaust Museum - Butterflies needed

Well, actually, since it says "Butterflies may be of any medium the artist chooses, but two-dimensional submissions are preferred" I'm sure those granny square butterflies would be accepted. They aren't hugely 3-D like the big butterfly our GS troop made. We're probably the reason they added that! :rofl That thing had to be hung - it wasn't displayable any other way. :devil In comparison, the granny-square butterflies are pretty flat!

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just pictured folks cranking out those cute granny butterflies only to notice later when they go to the link to get the address, that there are dimensional limitations! :)

What does that mean that they want two dimensional? No crochet?

What does that mean that they want two dimensional? No crochet?

No, it doesn't mean no crochet. See this quote:

Well, actually, since it says "Butterflies may be of any medium the artist chooses, but two-dimensional submissions are preferred" I'm sure those granny square butterflies would be accepted. They aren't hugely 3-D like the big butterfly our GS troop made. We're probably the reason they added that! :rofl That thing had to be hung - it wasn't displayable any other way. :devil In comparison, the granny-square butterflies are pretty flat!

It says any medium, and only that flat is preferred. I'll go call the museum right now and confirm that crocheted butterflies will be accepted just to set everybody's mind at ease. I'll be right back.

~~~~~~~

I just spoke to the museum. Crocheted butterflies would "definitely be welcome." So please don't stress over the "2-D preferred" thing. They will definitely be accepted, and would be most welcome.

Hi! New to the 'ville. This sounds like a great project. I will pass it on to the Crochet ladies at my church. I'm sure we can send some. Nice to have something I can work on between major projects -- or when I need a break from something.

[/quoteI just spoke to the museum. Crocheted butterflies would "definitely be welcome." So please don't stress over the "2-D preferred" thing. They will definitely be accepted, and would be most welcome. :hook

Thanks! I'll let others know. Sorry I misinterpreted. the 2 D thing.:eek

Bethintx

:cheer Wonderful, Linda!!! :cheer

I can hardly believe you've done so many already! Wow! :jumpyay

I was thinking today that I should ask people to post pictures. Did you see in the instructions that they'd like people to send pictures of their donations? The email addy is there.

:cheer Wonderful, Linda!!! :cheer

I can hardly believe you've done so many already! Wow! :jumpyay

I was thinking today that I should ask people to post pictures. Did you see in the instructions that they'd like people to send pictures of their donations? The email addy is there.

I'll have to send them a picture. Thanks for posting this charity.

:hug

Just e-mailed them a picture. Thanks Happy stitcher.

Linda

Posting some pics just to "bump" up this charity. So far, only 30 butterflies done. Done it ww and cotton.

[ATTACH]1313[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1314[/ATTACH]

:sun

Linda

Those are awesome! Great work!!!

Hugs

MJ

I'm one of the WWII Hidden Children and was hidden with a Catholic family in Antwerp, Belgium.

I was fortunate that my father survived but my mother died at Auschwitz.

Although I've never crocheted butterfiles before, I will definitely give it a try.

Thank you very much Happy Stitcher for bringing this to our attention.

Hugs,

antwerpnative

I'm one of the WWII Hidden Children and was hidden with a Catholic family in Antwerp, Belgium.

Although I've never crocheted butterfiles before, I will definitely give it a try.

Hugs,

antwerpnative

:hug :hug :hug :hug

I'm very sorry to hear about your mother. Thank you for participating!

Hugs,

antwerpnative

Oh my!! :hug I am so sorry about your mother. :hug

My butterflies will be in honor of her.

Hugs,

antwerpnative

So, sorry for the loss of your mother. I will think of her when I crochet more butterflies. And thank you and everyone for saying my butterflies are pretty. I am up to 45 butterflies, but plan to crochet some more.

:hug

Linda

Archived