Houston Holocaust Museum - Butterflies needed

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear fellow Butterfly Crocheters,

I'm ready to crochet some butterflies and have googled for simple butterfly patterns since I've never done this before. But the patterns seem to be more than I think I can handle. Is there a simple butterfly pattern somewhere so that I can make some.

I would really like to participate in this worthy cause and would be honored if someone could direct me to a simple pattern.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Antwerpative trying to stay cool in 107 degree hot Sun City West in AZ

I just wanted to add our butterflies here! We are having a Thursday morning program and during craft time this past Thursday, we made our butterflies to send. I will get them in the mail on Monday to send. The youngest is 3 and the oldest ones are 13.

IMG_6315.jpg

Wonderful Angelsmith52!

You should ask the parents if it's OK to send a copy of the picture with the kids' names along with the butterflies. I'd be surprised if the museum wouldn't want a copy!

:cheer

I did send them a pic online and the kids names will be on the back of the butterflies with their ages as well.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm still making these! The project will be on-going until 2010.

You must mean that you'll be working on them until 2010, right? :think

The official cut-off is in 2011....so there's plenty of time to make lots of butterflies! :yes

One of these days I'll post some pictures, but I haven't taken any yet.... I'm glad this cause isn't forgotten! Thanks for the bump, Beth! :cheer

Oh, I want to help in this project!!!

I am not Jewish, but my Savior is, so the Jewish people are close to my heart.

I will start looking for patterns immediately.

I used to crochet some butterflies a long time ago that were made into refrigerator magnets, but I have no idea where the pattern is.

So I guess it doesn't matter how you make them.......that they could be attached to a wall or where ever?

Added: These are very much like the ones I used to make into fridgie magnets.

http://www.crochetnmore.com/butterfly.htm

Added: I found 3 patterns I like so that's enough to keep me busy with a little variety!

One of the patterns linked to here... it might be in this particular thread, I haven't looked, but it is a butterfly bookmark which is really cute, would be cute to give to people who like to read.

So I guess it doesn't matter how you make them.......that they could be attached to a wall or where ever?

:welcome

The rules are in the link in the first post - but generally, no, it doesn't matter how you make them....just read over the rules to be sure you don't make them too large or something, though.

:hook

:welcome

The rules are in the link in the first post - but generally, no, it doesn't matter how you make them....just read over the rules to be sure you don't make them too large or something, though.

:hook

Oh, yes, I did! The patterns I picked out will come well within the requirements.

Will this be a permanent display? I would LOVE to go see that when it's finished.

I haven't seen anything that tells how long the display will be up...It's my guess that it will be up for a good long time, but probably not permanently. There's an email address in that link you could use to ask them about it, though....

Where are you? Are you in Texas?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived