Have You Updated Your Blog Today? II

RoseRed

Since the original post has gotten so large Amy decided to close it. So let's start another one!

Post here when you've updated your blog so we can check it out.

If you want people to read a specific post, please post a link to the actual post instead of a general blog link. This will make it easier for people reading this thread in the future to find the individual post.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Updated with a photo from my favorites, and a photo of my vegetable garden. Anyone ever grow potatoes? I don't know if this is what they should look like, or if all the rain is washing away the dirt to expose the potatoes.

http://yarnjeanniescrochetcache.blogspot.com/2009/05/joining-in-thousand-words-thursday.html

Despite the request in the initial post for people to include a direct link to the blog update post they are referencing, there have already been a number of posts that do not include this link.

Please, please follow the directions and remember to post a link to your most recent post that you're asking people to read.

I don't want to have to babysit this thread and keep reminding people to post the links. I don't want to have to delete posts that don't follow the directions. I don't want to have to close this thread because people won't follow the directions. :eek

There really IS a reason why we ask for a link to the blog post and not just a link to the general blog. Remember how long the previous thread had been active? Well, somebody coming along and reading this thread even a month from now, let alone a year or two from now, is NOT going to be able to easily find the post you're referring to unless you link to it directly. Not everybody has a blog archive listing in their sidebar. But even if you do, it's a bit much to ask people to look at the date of your post here, and then go searching through your blog archives to find the post you were talking about. So please, please remember to provide the link to your blog post. It will make things much easier for everybody reading this thread at a later date! :manyheart

So are we not supposed to come back on this thread after checking out people's blog and let them know we looked at it. Not being snarky just seriously asking as I don't want to break rules and I have already posted like that on here.

So are we not supposed to come back on this thread after checking out people's blog and let them know we looked at it. Not being snarky just seriously asking as I don't want to break rules and I have already posted like that on here.

Well, the guidelines are pretty much for the people posting the blog link.

You could post in this thread that you've read somebody's update. I don't have a problem with that. However, chances are that response may get lost in this thread and the blogger might not notice it. It might be more beneficial, and easier for the blogger to see, if you just post a comment on their blog that you stopped by. It helps bloggers to have comment traffic on their blogs, as it can increase their search engine rankings. Especially if you leave a link in your comment, either to the thread here at Crochetville or a link to your own blog.

CLARIFICATION: I have had to delete some posts in this thread, so I thought I'd offer some further clarification for people.

This thread is not to be used as a way to drive traffic to your blog that will result in revenue for you. Do not post here about an update that encourages people to click on your blog ads. Do not post here about a blog update that contains links to any affiliate programs in which you participate.

If your blog post contains something that you would not be able to post here (such as graphic images that do not belong to you), then please do not post about the update here.

If you want to direct people to your blog post, that blog post must be in keeping with Crochetville's guidelines. If there is anything in your blog post that you would not be able to post here due to our guidelines, then please do not post a link to it.

REMINDER: Some people are still not providing a link to their actual blog post when they post in this thread.

It is important for that link to be posted, because it frequently alerts me to things that shouldn't be included here (as you'll see from my post above). Additionally, it helps people who don't know you decide whether the update might be of interest to them so they can decide whether to spend their valuable time visiting your blog. The links will make it more likely for people to visit your blog!

So please, please, if you choose to post in this thread, be sure that you provide the link to your individual blog post.

If things continue with people not posting properly or posting about blog updates that aren't compatible with our guidelines (meaning things you wouldn't be able to post right here at Crochetville), I will have to close this thread down.

Archived