stained glass afghan......similar to the cathedral window

So many folks here LOVE the cathedral window afghan that I thought I'd post a link to this free pattern on redhearts site. It's VERY similar to the cathedral window 1, but seems to not be quite as complex to do. Hope y'all like it :)

The pdf is here

Sandy

Oh, thank you for this pattern! I will most likely make this one where I wouldn't the other one :lol I've saved it out and it will be for ME! Once I get all the one's done for my daughters and grandson, I'm going to make this one for ME, ME, ME!

:ty so much for the link!! I also bought the other pattern but I probably will never crochet it!! This one looks easier, so I will probably make it for me!!:yes

That's a nice substitute. I've done the other one, and for those who are afraid it's too hard, it's really not. This is coming from a person who is terrified of certain stitches. If I see FBDC, you can forget me doing a pattern. That's too hard! However, the cathedrawl window is only DC... it's alot of piece work, but it's just tedious. It can be done though! It took me 9 months over 2 1/2 years, but it got done.

This one is very nice as well!

Thanks for the link! I now have the Cathedral one (Thanks to a RAOK), but this looks much easier. I might try that one first.

Has anyone made this one already, and if so, is there a mistake in the "Exterior Panel" directions? At the end of that section it says to end off B (black), but I don't see anywhere where it said to start using color B, so I'm confused. I was wondering if this pattern reads differently than the original one published (I think it was in a book or a magazine)

Thanks fro the link. I am also afraid of the other pattern. I have it, but it is filed way back in my things to do. I will have to give this one a try.

Has anyone made this one already, and if so, is there a mistake in the "Exterior Panel" directions? At the end of that section it says to end off B (black), but I don't see anywhere where it said to start using color B, so I'm confused. I was wondering if this pattern reads differently than the original one published (I think it was in a book or a magazine)

A is black, B is the variegated. aside from that the whole pattern is full of typo's. it could be done with difficulty by referring to the picture, but i wouldn't touch this pattern with a ten foot pole.

boogiedu did you mean redheart pattern or the pattern from annie's attic had the typo's ?I don't want to start making and just take it all apart.

I believe (and I have not done this pattern yet, so I may be wrong) but after the exterior panel, where you "fasten off b. Do not fasten off A"; there are TWO options to continue. Either "first scallop" or "second scallop". (look at the picture, the last row has 2 of the ext panels that go w/ one interior panel that then tapers down into the center circle grouping) then goes into "first scallop" last row of ext. is rows 93-95, 1st row of first scallop is row 96 but on wrong side. so you would then follow the correct scallop for the left or rt 1....does that make sense?

Sandy

boogiedu did you mean redheart pattern or the pattern from annie's attic had the typo's ?I don't want to start making and just take it all apart.

i'm referring to the red heart fiasco

------------------------------------------

I believe (and I have not done this pattern yet, so I may be wrong) but after the exterior panel, where you "fasten off b. Do not fasten off A"; there are TWO options to continue. Either "first scallop" or "second scallop". (look at the picture, the last row has 2 of the ext panels that go w/ one interior panel that then tapers down into the center circle grouping) then goes into "first scallop" last row of ext. is rows 93-95, 1st row of first scallop is row 96 but on wrong side. so you would then follow the correct scallop for the left or rt 1....does that make sense?

Sandy

i'm not quite understanding what you said, Sandy; can you clarify?

Sandy

Thank you, but I'm still confused. I think I would just need to see the original pattern and go from there.

Sandy

i'm not quite understanding what you said, Sandy; can you clarify?

from my looking at the pattern, they have you work from the OUTSIDE into the center. NOT from the center/middle out like we usually do. (seems wierd to me, but many a new thing will do that at my first experience w/ them).

The outside of the afghan has "scallops" (the rounded parts) that look like the top of a heart. and the left scallop is different than the right 1 because they have a pattern for each side.

SO, after you finish the exterior panel section of the pattern (rows 1-95), you have to decide if you are doing the 1st or 2nd scallop. then follow the directions for that part (rows 96 - 105).

Then you do the exterior panel edging.

Then do the interior panel, the edging for it, then assemble.

AFTER assembly all that, you do the inner circle.

Hope that helps clarify some

Sandy

Archived