a_stitchintime

Some good clean fun?!

Beth. This is lucky 13 anniversary. We had a lovely dinner out and just got home. This morning we all went to an apple fest a local orchard. They also had antique cars and trucks on display and a few activities for children. It was a gorgeous day. I brought home some apple cider donuts and a bag of honey crisp apples, which are my favorite.

Good luck frogging the boucle yarn!

Edited by imanurse55

Good evening friends!

Joanne-Happy Anniversary friend!  Your weekend sounded just divine.  I love hearing about all of the fun places you and your family enjoy.  :hug   So glad that you have tomorrow off too..a day of relaxation sounds just perfect!

Beth-I hope that your dad is doing well and on the road to recovery, sorry to hear that you missed a stitch that is a bummer.

I had a rough week..sales were up in the shop but boy oh boy was I sick.  I finally feel more human.  This cold was the worst that I have ever had what a relief to finally be breathing and sleeping more.

Today has been a catch up day, not on housework as much but laundry and soapy order.  Tomorrow I will get to the nitty gritty and get the house cleaned up.

Back to shrink wrapping soaps.  Will post more in the a.m.  Hugs n extra squishes!

Edited by cristopher2k

Glad you are starting to feel more human, Leeann!!! Today won't be so much a relaxing day, but rather a get this house clean day!!! Lol. I had bought new rugs for the bathroom but didn't want to put them out until I gave the floor a good cleaning. That's done now so I can finally cut the tags off and put them on the floor. Now it's on to the kitchen, but first I'm enjoying a cup of coffee and taking a quick break.

Happy Monday!! I love having it be Monday and not having to go to work !!!

Good afternoon ladies!

Joanne-I am so glad that you had Monday off, it's nice isn't it?  Did you get any hooky time in after your cleaning?  You are too cute!  I like to change things when it's clean too..I not only do that at home but here at the shop.

Stacy-are your kiddos all ready for Halloween?

Beth-how's it going?  Is it still cool in your neck of the woods?  How did the frogging go?

Yesterday was a hurry up and clean kinda day..I had a lot to catch up on..but it is done for now.  I also worked on more product..it is crunch time, I am getting ready for the holiday rush.  It will be here soon, I want to be prepared and have plenty in stock.

This morning I changed out a few of my display cases to a fall theme...whew!  Took all morning,..it seems like I am constantly re-arranging and moving things..it's kinda tiring.

My ds is going to homecoming this weekend with his gf..I hope all goes well.  And we are having a huge FALL FLING Sale..similar to a garage sale..both Friday and Saturday.. I have a few goodies to sell but not as much as I should.

Guess I had better get back to paperwork.  Hugs n squishes!

Hi all,

Happy Lucky 13 to you, Joane!  I hope you have many more happy anniversaries!  I want to go apple picking.  It is so lovely in the mountains this time of year.

LeeAnn, I am so glad you are feeling better.  I don't see how you could get better, working as much as you do.  I hope you son has a great time with the Homecoming.

Well, they couldn't repair the veins in my dad's legs enough to save the leg, so they will be amputating below the knee tomorrow.  I hope he will heal well, and be more like himself when this is over.  It is rough to be 3 states away.

Work is very stressful right now, too, which is not helping one bit.

At least I have pit bull snuggles, good friends, and crochet!

Good afternoon ladies!

Beth-my heart hurts for you and your dad and the rest of your family.  Warmest wishes and prayers headed your way.  Hugs and extra squishes to you as well!  We are here if you need anything.

Joanne & Stacy-hoping that your week is going well.

Have had a few orders online..woohoo!  Busy busy..I am taking a small break to work on the hooded scarf that I started last week.  Hugs n squishes!

HI all!!

Beth, love and :hug to you and your family today!  It sure must be difficult being so far away at a time like this. 

Leeann, glad to hear you are feeling better!  Look at you go, with sales up even being sick!  I don't know where you get your stockpile of energy, but I sure would like some.  :hee Hope your ds had fun at Homecoming!

Joanne, happy anniversary!  Glad to hear you had a lovely dinner and then apple picking!  I miss apple picking- there are wonderful orchards where my parents live, and we used to go every fall for cider and doughnuts. 

School has kept me on my toes- all 3 of my CD classes have projects due within a week of each other!  And two of them are semester-long projects with proposals due very close together.  Add in Mia's baseball practice twice a week with games on Sundays, and Alex' dr. appointments, and we have a full schedule.  :yes  Speaking of Alex- he received the hormone blocker implant last Monday, and boy is he moody!!  His dr. warned us that would happen, but with the injections, it never really did.  I just keep reminding him of what the alternative is, and he is more than happy with the mood swings.  LoL! 

Dh hurt his back playing with the kiddos the other day, and went to urgent care on Monday night.  He pulled a muscle and is staying home until tomorrow.  Thank goodness, too, because the meds he was prescribed knock him right out!

This morning I took Mia to the dentist because she pulled a crown loose with a piece of candy.  She went in there like a champ knowing that it may be pulled. The dentist just stuck his finger in and pulled it right out!  :hee She was so surprised!  It was a baby tooth, though, so he said it was ready to come out anyway.  :whew

Well, I have school in a bit so I better scoot.  Love and hugs!

Stacy, so much excitement in your family...  It sounds like your classes are going to keep you plenty busy. I  hope Jorge feels better after a bit of rest.  I hope Alex gets over his moodiness soon.  I'm glad the loose crown was not a big issue.  Thank goodness for small dramas, there are enough large ones out there. 

LeeAnn, I am glad you are feeling better and that business is keeping you busy.  Much better than staring at the walls, wishing you had some orders coming in! 

Joanne, Hump day is over!  This means we get to start planning the weekend, right?  Do you have any fun plans?

Well, my dad made it through surgery, but I won't be able to talk to him until tomorrow.  I hope he can keep his attitude bright.  He gets discouraged very easily. 

Good morning ladies!

Beth-I will say extra prayers for your dad.  Glad that you will get to chat with him tomorrow.  What will you be doing with your weekend?  Anything exciting?

Stacy-oh my gosh!  Mood swings are difficult, my ds was like that for the last 3 years, he seems to finally be over the hill of his moodiness.  He can still be a bit dramatic but can put himself in check.  Your baby lost another baby tooth, my how those days flies by!  Your classes sound busy but in a way fun too.

Nothing too exciting today, I am going to do a bit of reading if I can, my wrists are hurting, I know it is all of the soaping and mixing..must take good care of them as I have a lot of product to make before the year is over.  I am working on a hooded scarf, the scarf is done just need to the hood and then to border it..what fun!

My dd is in Drama again this year..she wasn't going to join but changed her mind.  She had tryouts on Monday, she got the part that she wanted!  She is soo excited and has quite a few lines to learn, she is such a smart cookie.  Cristopher is working hard this semester trying to keep his grades afloat, he is doing well but has a lot of homework every night.

Back to my new book, it's called "Yarn over murder" had to check it out..with a title like that couldn't pass it up. :lol

hugs n squishes!

My baby brother was killed in an auto accident today.  After all the worry over Dad, this hits out of the blue, and we are all devastated.  He had 3 young children, the oldest is 13, I believe.  It is just shocking.  I am numb.  I am going to Ohio.  I don't know how much good I will do there, but I need my family, and I think they need me, too.  I can't post anything on Facebook.  My sister-in-law wants to tell people herself, which is only right.  Please pray for her and for the rest of the family.  This is just too much.

Beth-my deepest condolences, prayers and warmest wishes for your family and you as well.  Please know we are here my friend.  :hug :hug :hug :hug

(((((Beth))))  I saw on Facebook that you are in Ohio now.  I pray for peace and comfort for your family.  I am glad that you can be there with them.  :hug :hug

Beth. I am so sorry for your families loss. And I'm so glad that you are in ohio with them. Many hugs and prayers!!!!

I've been battling a cold so haven't been on much.

Joanne, I hope you feel better. Do you have any tricks to shorten a cold?

Stacy, Are the girls having a good school year?  How is Alex doing in his school?  Are you finding any time to crochet with all your schoolwork?

LeeAnn, how was the homecoming dance?  I saw the photos you posted of your son.  He is very handsome!  Have you started your Christmas products yet?

I haven't crocheted since I arrived.  My project is actually in the trunk of the car.

Good morning!

Beth, it's good to see your writing.  How are you?  I'm glad that you were able to be with your family.  How is your dad? 

Leeann, how did your ds like the dance?  I love the photo you posted on FB.  Such a handsome young man!  How is your dd?  And your shop?

Joanne, hope all is well in your end of the country.  How are DD and SIL doing with finding a new house?  Have you had and R&R time recenty?

School is keeping me on my toes.  I have one project due each week until midterms.  Alex likes his new school now that they are not doing push-ups all the time in PE.  Today is his first dance!  It is being held at lunchtime, and I have been informed that "it's not a big deal" and he's just going with a couple buddies.  The girls are doing well, also- I really love the positive atmosphere at their new school.  It seems to be working. 

I have been knitting lately.  I love this head hugger pattern and wanted to make it for my mom.  However, now that the hat is finished, it is about twice the size it was supposed to be, even with smaller needles.  I am disappointed but don't have time to rework it until after all of my school work is done.

I'd better scoot.  Love and hugs! 

Top of the morning ladies!

Beth-how are you?  how is the rest of your family holding up?  I am sure that it is difficult.  :hug

Joanne-hope you are feeling better, these colds hang on for a long time.  Is your dd moving into her new home soon?

Stacy-oh gosh!  I remember having all of those homework assignments only too well.  Hang in there!  The semester will be over in a blink of an eye.  That is great that you kiddos are all enjoying their new schools and being with their friends.

It is always so crazy here in my neck of the woods.  I ordered new molds so that I can offer a variety of the novelty soaps I can't wait to play and create.  I have started on the Christmas goodies, but have a looong way to go.  So many ideas just not enough time when I get home.  On line sales are picking up as well, so happy about that.

Thank you all for the lovely compliments on my sweet Cristopher, he is such a cutie pie.  His girlfriend broke up with him right at the beginning of the dance but only after he paid for her to get in and bought a matching shirt to her dress.  He was upset but handled it like a true gentleman.  She had told a friend to tell him that she didn't want to go out with him,  Cristopher confronted her and told her that that was a horrible way to end things but to enjoy the rest of the dance.  He danced with a few girls and tried to enjoy the evening.  He held it all in until he got home then he kinda fizzled.  He is recovering but I think it wasn't as much of a shock to him as she just wasn't mature enough to handle a relationship.  He is chalking it up to a life lesson.  His friends have all been so supportive of him that he feels like he dodged a bullet.

My sweet Celine is busy busy busy.  She is catching another cold..poor lil lady.  I am trying to have her go to bed early but she always has so much to do. 

This morning I bleached the entire kitchen, counters, light switches but tonight I will have to air out the house and get the rest of the rooms squeezed in. 

Tonight we also have Craft Night, I think I may only  have one lady attending..I am hoping to finish my hooded scarf.

Guess I should get back to work.  Talk to you all soon!  Hugs n squishes! :ghug

Hi all,

I'm safe and sound at home.  I managed to get a little crochet in on the trip -- while my husband was driving.  It kept me calm, which is no small feat.  I am so happy to be home.  I love my family, but we are entirely too emotional and dramatic.  So glad my rock of a husband came with me.

My dad is not doing well.  He will not eat.  He complains constantly, but won't do what he is asked to build up strength so he can get out of the hospital.  Mom can't care for him unless he gets stronger, so he is setting himself up to go to a nursing home.  He is so stubborn.

The funeral was nice.  My brother was loved by many people.  My cousin's son told his mom that it was the happiest calling hours he ever attended -- many happy memories and laughter. 

I am seriously motivated to lose weight, eat healthier, and exercise.  I do not want to turn into my father.  What a wake-up call!  My sister feels the same way,

LeeAnn, I feel so sad for your son, that he was used by that girl that way.  He's such a handsome, sweet fellow.  He will find someone more worthy, who appreciates him. 

Stacy, I don't know how you have enough time to knit when you have so many assignments.  Good luck with it!

Joanne, last time I heard form you, you weren't feeling well.  I hope you are better now.  Did you daughter get her house?

Quick stop in. I am finally feeling human again and the last of the cold seems to be gone. Dd is scheduled to close on Her house on Monday. Fingers crossed

I'll stop in on the weekend but now I've got lots to catch up on around here since both DH and I were sick.

Beth--- keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Leeann. So sorry about what that girl did to your son. That was not a nice thing to do at all. Hope Celine is feeling ok. These colds this time of year are not fun

Stacy. Hope all is well with you and the fam!!!!

Joanne, I'm glad you are feeling better.  I hope everything goes smoothly for your daughter on Monday. Please keep us posted.  I'm sure she is ready for her own place again.  I know what you mean about things piling up when you don't feel well.  You should see my house after I've been gone a week.

LeeAnn, I love the autumn soaps you have on Etsy.  The fragrances sound amazing.  Is Celine feeling better? 

Stacy, I hope things are going well.  I love the pictures you posted of your daughters on facebook.  They are cute.  We need more pics of Alex.  He's such a handsome fellow!

I am going to buy some walking shoes.  Let's see if that will help with the new goals.

Beth-getting fit and healthy is a great idea!  I am so proud of you!  You can do this!  I should start walking too.  I always feel better after a good long walk.  Perhaps we can motivate each other?

Joanne-I am glad that you are feeling more human, these colds are vicious seems like they last much longer.

Stacy-your lttlies are soo adorable!  And Alex, why he is growing so tall and is such a cutie pie!  How are the homework assignments coming along?

Things over here are always frantic and busy, I guess I like them that way. :think   :manyheart I have a huge fish on the line for a large order..hoping and praying that it all goes through..am awaiting a response from the customer.  This may very well throw me over the edge, I may need to hire help but I am soo excited!

I will keep you all posted as soon as I know more info, I don't want to jinx myself but am so excited I can hardly contain myself.  Back to paperwork.  Hugs n squishes!

Good evening!

Beth, I'm glad that your brother's funeral went so well.  It is always nice when you can share laughter and happy memories.  Good luck with your new get-healthy goals!  I also need to set some, but really drag my feet. (No pun intended.)

Joanne, fingers crossed and prayers for your dd on a smooth closing!  I'm sure she is ready to be done with the issue.  Glad to hear your cold seems to be gone.  Have you had a Pumpkin Spice yet?  I stopped for one the other day and the flavor wasn't quite right.  I can't wait 'til the holiday flavors are back!

Leeann, what a little snot to break up with your DS that way!!!  Sounds like he handled it well, though...which just goes to show the resiliency of your sweet invention.  :yes  Good luck and fingers crossed for your huge fish!  Hope Celine's cold clears up quickly.  Have you ever tried Emergen-C?  I use it often during cold season and it really seems to ward them off. 

Thank you for the compliments on my pics.  There should be some of Alex tonight- he had a guys' night at a Dodger game with DH, BIL, and FIL.  Last night was Daddy/DD night, and he took the girls.  Things seem to be going well at school still, although he is super-moody at home.  We have a check-up with his super-amazing dr. on Friday and I might bring it up.  She may just remind me that it is a side effect of the medication.

I am taking an online cinema class this semester for my arts requirement.  I keep forgetting about it.  :no   My CD classes are taking up much of my time, and by the time I remember about it, it is Saturday and the posts are due by Sunday.  I really have to figure out some kind of schedule- I'm just not feeling the groove of the semester yet.

Well, I need to scoot.  Love and hugs all around!!!

Good morning ladies!

How is everyone doing?  I bet you are all keeping busy busy busy.

Stacy-Glad to hear that Alex is adjusting to his new school.  He looked like he was having a great time with his dad.  I had completely forgotten about the Emergen-C, thank you for reminding me.  I will pick some up on my next trip to the store.  I think that will help alot.  We have all started taking vitamins and airing out the house and the clorox wipes have been put to use.  I am hoping that all of this will pass fast.

Beth-how's work going?  Is everything running smoother?  Have you had any hooky time?

Joanne-how ya feeling?  Hopefully better.  Also hoping that your dd and her family are getting ready for the big move.

This last weekend was busy..lots of orders on line as well as custom orders here at the shop..kept me hopping.  Yesterday I sent dh to the post office with 6 packages..but I am  happy to say I am caught up!  It feels good to be able to create the goodies with the new molds.  I have Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Spider Man, Pac Man, Iron Man and Thor's Hammer soapies that awaiting shrink wrapping and packaging oh and crayons too!  I can't wait to get them all listed, not sure about Etsy as they have very strict guidelines, I will not use the copyrighted name but something similar.

The family is doing well.  This weekend the hubby and I are going on a mini vacation..it will be our 18th anniversary on Saturday.  We are driving up to see Mesa Verde and will spend the night. I am so excited!  We haven't gone anywhere just the two of us since we had our kiddos..wooohooo!

Guess I should get to work, hugs n squishes!

LeeAnn, I'll bet you are excited for the weekend to come!  Your plans sound so romantic.  Your husband sounds like a keeper!  I'm glad work is keeping you so busy.  That means you are doing well.  Have you had any time to walk lately?  I have been purposely walking extra at work, since I don't feel like doing anything with this cold.  Up and down stairs a couple extra times should count for something, right?  I am pleased that the walking I have to do at the school seems easier than at the beginning of the year.

Stacy, I'm sorry Alex is moody at home.  Does he have an outlet, like a musical instrument, or if he's more physical, a punching bag?  I hope you figure out a schedule for getting all your work done soon.  I tried a pumpkin spice latte the day I left for Ohio, and it was really bad.  I think I'll stick to International Delight's pumpkin spice creamer, except I gave that stuff up for my anti-diabetes diet.  Sigh.  

Joanne, so glad you are feeling better.  I hope things are going well for you and your dd.  How does your other dd like teaching?

Work is making me absolutely batty, not that I wasn't at least partially batty before.  I really need a data entry job.  The people I work with and for are amazing, but I am not good with change, and everything keeps changing faster than I can adjust.

How are you all doing on this fine Thursday?  I hope well.

Stacy-my ds was a grouchy bear during his early teenage years, hang in there my friend.  Just when you think it can't get any worse,they turn a new leaf. 

Beth-I am ashamed to admit I haven't been walking as much but I did have dh bring in my old exercise bike, I am going to really really try hard to get a couple of miles on it a day.  I am thinking of putting it in the craft studio, since that is where I spend all of my time when I am home. 

Joanne-how are you feeling?  I hope better better better.

I finished 2 hooky projects, the hooded scarf and an Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle beanie.  The scarf is here at the shop  and the beanie was for my ds.  He had been asking for a beanie for awhile now, I made it in dc's as the single crochet beanies take forever..do any of you have any beanie patterns that are quick? 

back to paperwork.  hugs n squishes!

Hi all

I've been very busy!! Saturday, my gs was a ring bearer in a wedding. It was poring rain in the morning, but by the time of the wedding at 2 the sun had come out. He did a great job and the bride was beautiful. After the wedding I went to DD's mil house and we watched Robbie and then headed back down to the shore where the reception was to pick up Ryan. Sunday dd and sil finally started moving in. They had a cleaning service come and the hardwood floors all re finished. The painters have finished the boys room, the master and the family room. They will be doing more painting this week. And they got belle back. My sils brother had been keeping belle since they couldn't have her with them while they were staying at my sils moms house. She has two cats. I'm taking off tomorrow to watch the boys so they can get more unpacking done. Busy, busy, busy!!!!

I'll try and catch up soon. Have a good day!!!!