Some good clean fun?!

Hi Ladies

Iam here but I don't know for how long. This week has been a very very very trying week with DH. Last night we went for his MRI and the doctor will have the results in about a week.

I did pickup some more yarn, off white and white so I can make a few more afghans. Not too sure which pattern, I might just make a couple more of the afghan I just finished and I want to make 2 more snowflake afghans.

The weather here is pretty nice and it cools right down at night. Good for sleeping and crocheting.

Today is my MIL's B-day so we took her out for a bit. We had a babysitter for my FIL so we were good to go.

Iam going to check out a few things but I will be back.

Lots of Love

:hug:manyheart

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good evening friends.

Mary - :hug Your DH is in my prayers too.

LeaAnne - Enjoy some time with your hunny. Mine is watching a show I watched last night while he was asleep on the couch. I was like, "I saw this last night" and he didn't believe me :rofl

My day had ups and downs. Got my liscense renewed, my hair cut, some things picked up from the store and went for my walk. I didn't feel in the mood for the library. But after school DD started acting up again. She has been acting very angry and violent the last couple days :( I suspect it is just an adjustment to going to school, but it's hard to deal with nonetheless.

Oh ya, I started a Belle scarf too that I promised my MIL last Christmas. She wants a red one for Christmas.

:hi, Colleen!

glad your day was 90% good! Sorry about DD needing extra time to adjust. Is there a problem in her class that is making her frustrated, or is it school in general?

p.s. thanks again for having coffee with me this morning!

Thank you for coffee!

I don't know what is going on. She hasn't mentioned a problem about school and I'm definitely asking lots of questions. I'm hoping it's just adjusting. I think she feels kind of constrained by all the rules at school and is just lashing out. Maybe a combination of tired and overwhelmed too :shrug I hope she adjusts though, I'm a bit worried.

oh, and :cheer:clap:cheer:clap for a new WIP!!!!! cool! and in red? what a fun color!

Yes, it will be nice. She wants it to wear with her dress coat for Christmas :lol The Belle scarf I made her last Christmas got her so many compliments.

Thank you for coffee!

I don't know what is going on. She hasn't mentioned a problem about school and I'm definitely asking lots of questions. I'm hoping it's just adjusting. I think she feels kind of constrained by all the rules at school and is just lashing out. Maybe a combination of tired and overwhelmed too :shrug I hope she adjusts though, I'm a bit worried.

I am sure she'll be much better next week. It's hard to settle into the "routine" after so much summer fun. Tired is also a big side effect to starting a new school year. :hug:hug:hug I will be saying a little prayer for peace and :U for her next week!

Yes, it will be nice. She wants it to wear with her dress coat for Christmas :lol The Belle scarf I made her last Christmas got her so many compliments.

that's neat that she wants you to make her another one! Is your mojo coming back?:devil

I am sure she'll be much better next week. It's hard to settle into the "routine" after so much summer fun. Tired is also a big side effect to starting a new school year. :hug:hug:hug I will be saying a little prayer for peace and :U for her next week!

Thank you. Your prayers are appreciated. :sigh Ah parenthood.

How is everyone at your house tonight?

that's neat that she wants you to make her another one! Is your mojo coming back?:devil

It's back a little bit. When I finished my Besties ghan last week my interest was definitely peaked. I'm not a crocheting fool again though by any means.

Are you still L&Bing?

we are doing good. the 2 youngers are tired, and are about ready to call it a night. High school chicken is in my backyard with some friends, and Miss Middle School is at her friends house. I have to get her at 10:30

It's back a little bit. When I finished my Besties ghan last week my interest was definitely peaked. I'm not a crocheting fool again though by any means.

Are you still L&Bing?

Glad to hear that your interest is creeping back. Fall has a way of helping that along as well:wink

I haven't touched it in a couple of days. I cleaned and did laundry all day today:U I have nothing left for chores for the weekend, so I will be L&Bing away... I really want to get it finished. I miss my yarn!

Sounds fun. I loved those pics you posted on FB. What beautiful kids you have. I know you are proud and you should be. :manyheart Seeing your pics almost makes me want to have 3 more...almost :rofl

Are you chicken of chickens? :rofl

and :ty, my favorite part is how beautiful they are Inside:manyheart

Good evening ladies!!!

Colleen- Sorry to hear that DD is having trouble adjusting- hopefully by next week, it will settle down a bit. Ah, rules and constraints when all she probably wants to do is play and have fun!

LeaAnne- Your kids are so cute - love the pics on FB!!

Thanks for WIP week- it really got me to finish a few things!!! Was just working some more on the RR- working on row 26 - boy do they take longer and longer the bigger it gets! Time to start a new project to break it up- probably a felted tote- or maybe a Belle scarf- A co-worker has a birthday next weekend- and the few I gave away last year at Christmas were a hit. Thanks for the idea Colleen!

You're welcome for the idea, Joanne. By the way, I love how your RR is coming along. WTG You did it!!! They do get bigger and the rounds take longer as they go along. I like them baby gifts, after that size they get too big for me. :lol

Happy Friday, friend!

LeaAnne- have fun at the soccer game!! Go Gators!!!! (seems weird- a Massachusetts team with a Florida sounding name):lol

I've got to get all my cleaning done in the morning tomorrow so I have the rest of the weekend to :crocheting or read and of course on Sunday it's Football!:clap

The uniform is laid out on the bottom of his bed:manyheart Yes, he is very excited! I thought of you at the practice this week, I saw Lime green and forest green uniforms:heehee

:manyheart How cute. I'm beginning to have a real soft spot for that boy of yours. :wink

That's what I was thinking- a baby ripple would be the perfect size. I'm just going to keep on going on this one until I run out of yarn! I started the last skein of the blue tonight- have one more skein of the red and one of the off white.

LeaAnne- have fun at the soccer game!! Go Gators!!!! (seems weird- a Massachusetts team with a Florida sounding name):lol

I've got to get all my cleaning done in the morning tomorrow so I have the rest of the weekend to :crocheting or read and of course on Sunday it's Football!:clap

:cheer:cheer I know! hooray for Football season!

I had to clean today, to make up for being such a slacker yesterday:lol

Archived