Some good clean fun?!

TGIF and the weekend is here!

How'd the interview go LeeAnn? And the new haircut? Hope you are happy with it!!

Marisa- Wow- that's crazy- that it's Easter Sunday- but I'm not surprised- the NBA plays on Thanksgiving and Christmas too! I didn't realize that you got tix to the playoffs- and I'm sure you'll be able to sell them!

Beth- Hope the pollen doesn't get to you tonight!!! We're having pizza too- only mine is being delivered! Bet your's tastes great thought. My DD's BF makes homemade pizza all the time- and I told him the next time he comes to visit he needs to make me some!

Are you by any chance counting down the seconds till DH comes home? :lol

Pizza should be here in a minute!

Have a good night one and all!:hug

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey ladies :hi

Home from work, which went well today and pretty quickly. Going to try to get the turtles cleaned tonight and out of the way, but I'm starting to feel like I might just leave it for tomorrow :think Yeah, that's probably what will happen :lol

LeeAnn - Awesome! How did the interview go (I need a biting nails emoticon)

Beth - I hope you do ok with the pollen :xfin And wow, it seems like dh just left and it's only 1 week now (I'm positive that it seems quicker to me than to you though :lol )

Joanne - Yeah, I decided to get the playoff tix since I'm leaving this year anyway and won't have the option in the future. The thursday game will be at 8pm so I'll be dead at work on friday, but so be it :lol 1st game tomorrow in Miami (again, I need some nail biters)

Evening all!

Joanne-pizza sounds delicious! I have not eaten dinner, too nervous. Feel all a fluttered. :lol The new haircut is fantastic! now this is the haircut that I was wanting, I will take a pic in a few to share with all of you. Thank goodness!

Marisa-Good luck to your team! Will Mary by chance be going with you when you move?

Beth-how's pizza and the special date? how fun! and your allergies? I hope you are doing well.

The interview went well, I guess....I am beating myself up about it and fretting and yep, Marisa-feel like biting my nails too...I hope I hope I hope. They said it will take 2-3 weeks for them to let me know, can ya all believe that? seems like that is forever.

Tomorrow is the Art Walk and I am excited and nervous about that too..gosh, I just need to calm myself down, maybe I should :hook

k going to sit and grab my hook and yarn, really need to take hold of myself.

hugs n squishes, thank you all for the words of encouragement, I sure am blessed to have all of you in my life!:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

happy Saturday!!!

I woke up at 3 a.m. It was so weird. I could breathe out of my nose! I was SOOOOO happy! I thought maybe the pollen is gone, and I'm done! Then it started progressively getting worse. I'm not as bad as I have been, but I'm still congested.

Joanne, I suppose today is housecleaning and hooking day. Do you have a baseball game to watch?

LeeAnn, so glad you are happy with your hair cut. That's a boost of confidence that will show. And don't stress about the interview. If you are meant to have the position, you'll get it. If you don't get it, then you have something better in the works for you! I hope you have a great time at the Art Walk. Will you get a chance to see the other artists' items? How did you get chosen to participate in this? I can't wait to hear all about it.

Marisa, I hear turtles are very patient, and will willingly wait to get washed another day. My dog is, as far as baths go. she'd most happily wait weeks or months to take one! As a matter of fact, she'd wait forever!

I got my hair cut yesterday, and I'm not thrilled with it, but it will grow. It's just hair. The bangs are super short. The poor beautician and I were both snuffling and coughing the whole time, so I don't really blame her. I'll bet she would do a much better job if she felt better.

Pizza night was awesome!!! My oldest brought his lovely lady over to watch a DVD, so I had a house full. And I love every one of them. (Yes, Shrimp Boy was there, too.) Oh, and Shrimp Boy and dd told me I didn't have to take them anywhere, since the pollen wouild bother me. Aren't they the most considerate teens ever!!!:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

I need to work very hard on that darned afghan. I am on the 6th from last stripe. (There are 17 stripes total.)

Good afternoon ladies :hi

I slept in this morning until 10:30 :eek But I feel great now :yes I was tired ALL week, so I definitely needed it. Then I ran out to the eyeglass store to get a pair of mine reinforced. They ended up in bed with me, but I know they were not on my face when I went to bed :think Still trying to figure that one out. But anyways, they're now fixed and although sturdy, I'll still have to be a little extra careful with them :yes Other than that and making a couple pit stops while I was out.....I still haven't gotten anything done around the house, which I'm about to get ready to do soon here.

LeeAnn - Have fun at the Art Walk today

Beth - The turtles really don't seem to mind. They are aquatic so do live in the water but they've been in murky water for about a week now :eek At some point I'll smarten up and start cleaning the filter weekly and I wouldn't have to actually clean the tank but so often, but instead I just continue to clean the whole thing and let it go until it gets icky again :lol

Afternoon ladies!

Cleaning was done this morning- Beth- you are right on with my schedule! I was glad to get it done- laundry is still going . But it should be done shortly!

It sure sounds like you had a fun night last night with all the teens! And yes, your inventions are very considerate!! You raised them good, Mama!!!!! I am deciding what to crochet while I watch the Yankees this afternoon- if they get to play- it's cold, rainy, grey- but it could be different in NY- which is only an hour away- but .....So we'll see!

Stacy- We went to a new Trader Joe's that opened in Shrewsbury this morning and then on the way back stopped at Delicious Orchards!!! Picked up some treats since DD will be here until Tuesday- and she is a vegetarian so got lots of fresh fruits and veggies!!! We are well stocked again and won't starve!!! I was thinking of you while at Trader Joe's this will be my new one to go to- it's the closest- but still 19 miles away!!!

Marisa- I will be watching your Sixers vs Heat today "with you". And I'm rooting for the Sixers!!!!!:cheer

LeeAnn- Thinking of you at the ArtWalk and hope that you are having fun!!!!!

Off to get lunch and settle in with some :crocheting after that!

Afternoon ladies!

Cleaning was done this morning- Beth- you are right on with my schedule! I was glad to get it done- laundry is still going . But it should be done shortly!

It sure sounds like you had a fun night last night with all the teens! And yes, your inventions are very considerate!! You raised them good, Mama!!!!! I am deciding what to crochet while I watch the Yankees this afternoon- if they get to play- it's cold, rainy, grey- but it could be different in NY- which is only an hour away- but .....So we'll see!

Stacy- We went to a new Trader Joe's that opened in Shrewsbury this morning and then on the way back stopped at Delicious Orchards!!! Picked up some treats since DD will be here until Tuesday- and she is a vegetarian so got lots of fresh fruits and veggies!!! We are well stocked again and won't starve!!! I was thinking of Stacy while at Trader Joe's this will be my new one to go to- it's the closest- but still 19 miles away!!!

Marisa- I will be watching your Sixers vs Heat today "with you". And I'm rooting for the Sixers!!!!!:cheer

LeeAnn- Thinking of you at the ArtWalk and hope that you are having fun!!!!!

Off to get lunch and settle in with some :crocheting after that!

:yay GO SIXERS :cheer

Good afternoon ladies!

Here at the shop, had a lotion bar sale, seems like those fly off the shelf quickly. oh so happy about that.

Beth-so glad that your family did not make you go out in the pollen. Very sweet and considerate of them. Your family is wonderful! The Art Walk is designed to promote local artists here in the San Luis Valley. A shop, store, or business can sponsor you. Since Kathi is in Chile she wanted to participate and asked me if she could sponser me as an artist and I could run her shop. I am not sure if it is worth the time and energy to haul everything here and not sell much but it puts my name out there. :yes

Marisa-did ya get to your turtles? We had a huge aquarium at one time that was such a pain to clean, when the fish died-sad to say, we packed everything up and gave it away. It was a lot of maintenance.

going to sit and :hook and wait wait wait. hugs n squishes!

The Yankees won and now I'm watching the Sixer's basketball game "with" Marisa!!!

LeeAnn- It takes time to sell things- and glad to hear that the lotion bar sale is a success!! At least you can crochet while you are waiting!

I started another project- The Stash Buster Tote designed by Sue (Turtlelvr). It's working up nicely so far- the pattern is on Ravelryhere

It's a rainy, gray dreary kind of day here- perfect for vegging and crocheting and watching sports!!!

Hugs to all:hug

Evenin all!

Back home, whew! It was a super long day. Sales finally picked up this afternoon, sold a basket, lots of individual soaps and a few candles and of course lotion bars. All in all, not bad. I would make a terrible shop owner, I am too hyper, always want to be doing something, waiting for people to check things out drives me crazy. :lol maybe if it were my own shop, I would be making soap.

Joanne-glad that it was the perfect day for vegging and hooking. Awesomeness!

Marisa-how was the rest of your day?

Beth-time's a passing, dh will be here soon!

going to sit and maybe watch the tube, I feel exhausted, didn't sleep well the last two nights, worried about the interview and then worried about it some more...need to get it out of my head.

hugs n squishes dear friends! Thank you again for all of your support!

Leeann, sounds like the Art Walk went well! I think it would be cool to make soap while your customers browse. :yes Definitely something I would like to see.

Joanne, 19 miles to Trader Joe's? :eek Yikes.I bought a canister of Joe's Dark last time I went, in preparation. :lol Oh, to answer your question about a job- I don't know where I'd fit it in, either. :shrug I guess dh was thinking maybe during the weekend and days that he doesn't have school...where am I going to find a job for only a couple days a week? :think I don't know. There is rumor that he will be getting some of his pay back soon, so I am :xfin for that.

Marisa, :yay for sleeping in! You must have needed it. :yes

Beth, I'm glad you are feeling a bit better. So sweet of your dd and Shrimp Boy to stay home so you didn't have to go out. :manyheart

Gosh, my eye is watering like crazy today! :think Today was Isabella's first soccer game of the spring season, and they won- 7-1!! :cheer The new coach is much better at organizing the team and helping them work together. Afterward there was a health fair at the Y, so we let the kids stay for that. It got hot around 11, so we came home. Isabella and Eva went to stay with MIL, Mia wanted to stay home. Jorge and I had some homework to do, so we went to the Bux for a couple of hours (Mia did really well! Even got complimented on her behavior :manyheart) then we went for a bike ride.

I am going to scoot for the night because my eye is driving me insane! LoL Good night, besties! :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Hello everybody!

Four more stripes to go!!! They are getting shorter -- not nearly as long to finish a row now. I have hopes to finish tomorrow, assuming I have enough yarn. I may need to stop and go yarn shopping in the middle of things.

I don't have much going on. I'm still snuffly, but I'm feeling better.

Gotta take the dog out! BYE!:hug

Morning! The sun is shining!!! YAY!!!

Terrible storms in the south - and I pray for all those affected by the devastation!!!

Worked on the stash buster tote- only to frog 3 rows early this morning- :eek(around 3:30 when I was wide awake) I was too busy messaging my DD during the hockey game last night- so of course I wasn't paying as much attention as I should have !!! Went back to bed then for a bit even though I couldn't fall back asleep!

Stacy- the other TJ's I used to go to is 21 miles away- so 19 is 2 miles closer and with the price of gas I'll take it. When I go I try and stock up on those things I like from there! (got 4 cans of Joe's Dark for example:yes) Cute about Mia doing homework with you and DH at the Bux!

Beth- Glad you are feeling better and WTG on the afghan!!! I may run out of the main color I'm using for the Stash buster tote- but I won't buy another skein- I'm trying to "bust stash":lol

LeeAnn- Glad to hear that all went well yesterday and it would be cool if it was your shop and you could be making soap- and customers could see the process!!! Hope you have a nice relaxing day today.

Time for me to get it in gear and head out to get bagels before DD arrives - hoping that I'll get to crochet while she is busy working on her paper for school (and that DH will amuse himself:lol

Marisa- Enjoy your day- and since it's sunny, I guess you'll be washing the car today? Did you get to finish up marking up the map?

Have a wonderful day- and thinking about those who are MIA!

Good morning ladies :hi

Well, I've already done my grocery shopping and put them away :clap I do need to clean my fruits and veggies yet, and chop up my lettuce so it's ready for my salads during the week :yes Going to make up some sloppy joe, we just call it bbq in my house, but everyone always gets confused when I say that :think So I'll have that during the week. Plus I have a chicken breast yet from the middle of the week that I did in the crock....I think I'll chop it up and mix up a little bit of chicken salad :think

I did finish my map last night, at least got 1 of the 2 biggest insurances done, now have to go through bc/bs and then I'll have a good idea as to which areas are lacking :yes I also got to work on a square last night and it's now 8 inches, it needs to be 12. I'll hopefully finish it up today and I can get that in the mail on tuesday then :xfin

I'm meeting my cousin out for lunch this afternoon and am excited about that :yes Have some things to get done so when I get back after lunch I have nothing to do but mapping and crafting :wink

Good Afternoon All!

Joanne-you sure are on the ball...want to push me in the right direction? :lol I can't wait to see your new project, love stashbusting. Now if I could just stop buying yarn.

Marisa-hope you have/had a great lunch with your cousin. Awesome! I love salads too, need to go grocery shopping but have to do tons of stuff here at the house, maybe this evening.

Beth-:cheeryou can do it! you will be finished soon, I can feel it!

Stacy-the pic of your dd on fb is adorable! She is too sweet!

It's been a busy day. My little sis stopped in to use our shower. She and her half-sister and her family rented a hotel room here in Alamosa, they are having a BBQ but their were too many people trying to get ready. The whole dynamics of it are complicated, but we all pretty much do our own thing. :yes it was nice to see Joline if only for a few minutes...then of course had to tidy up, still more cleaning to do. And did my taxes for my business. First time doing that...whew! I think it will be ok, now must get luandry put away and re-do some of my listings on my Etsy shop since I sold a few of the goodies that I had listed, have to re-arrange. Plus, I have a new gift basket idea for Mother's day that I want to add...oh where is the time??? Crocheting? yup, I want to do that too!

best get a move on it! BBL! hugs n squishesssss!:hug:hug:hug

Hi all!!

Interesting day here. I found out like an hour before my class was scheduled to start that it was cancelled. So Mia and I went to the laundromat, then to Target for a few groceries. Came home and had dinner. Nothing too exciting. I called the girls and they aren't coming home until Tuesday, which kinda messes with my plans, but oh, well. MIL didn't know we had stuff planned. As long as they're home by Wednesday it should be fine. :D

Well, dh and I are watching The Hangover, so I better get going. Love and hugs!! :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Good morning!

Had a nice day yesterday with DD here- she was busy working on her paper, DH was working on some things and I finished the "Stash buster tote". Will get pics up tonight after work- it is too dark outside right now. DD will be here till tomorrow and I'm hoping that I can leave work a tad early today-we'll see how that pans out!

LeeAnn- Can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve for Mother's Day gifts! Happy to hear that you got to see your little sis- if only for a few minutes!

Stacy- Enjoy the time with only "one child" home with you and hopefully your plans will not be too messed up. I guess everyone is on spring break now? The schools around here are on spring break- so that's one reason DD is here- she normally student teaches on Monday's and the school where she teaches is off which gives her the entire day to finish working on the paper she has due tomorrow night.

Beth- How's the afghan coming along? After I finished the StashBuster Tote, I worked some more on the afghan for stepgrandson to be. It's almost done and then I'll go back to the RR for grandson to be and I want to make another Stashbuster Tote. Enjoy your busy Monday!! One more week till DH is home- or is it less than that now?

Marisa- Hope you had a nice lunch with your cousin!

Off for another day in Paradise. Make it a good one!

Good morning ladies :coffee

LeeAnn - Nice to see your sister for a few and :yay for selling a few things from your etsy shop. Can't wait to see your mother's day gift basket idea.

Stacy - Sounds like you got a bit accomplished. I hope your plans aren't too messed up :hug

Joanne - :yay for finishing your tote. Have fun with dd.

Well, last night I finished a square to mail out so now I have 2 ready to go :D I STILL didn't get to start the sleeves on my sweater :( Not too sure I will tonight either, gotta get back to my map. There's just not enough hours in a day :sigh I never did make it to the car wash yesterday after spending more time that anticipated with my cousins, but we had a nice time so it's ok, :lol

I guess that's it from my end so I'll see y'all later on hopefully

I finished the afghan!!! I'm so relieved to have it done. I am not crazy about the edging - didn't like what they called for, didn't like a plain sc around... Still don't like what I decided to do, but it's done and I can live with it. I picked up my dh's flannelghan last night, and in the wee hours this morning when I couldn't sleep. I'd love to have a decent sized start on it when he gets home, so he can have a better idea what it will look like.

The storms here were devastating. My particular area managed to avoid the tornados, but 3 people died across the York River from here. It was interesting and frightening to read the stories of the people who survived. I don't remember the newspaper ever carrying that kind of coverage before.

Joanne, congrats on finishing the tote. I took a picture of the afghan yesterday, but I plan to wait to post until my son gets up. He had a rough night last night. the animals were restless. Most of them were in his room, and they were keeping me up 3 rooms away.

Marisa, good luck with the map. I hope you get to crochet or knit again soon.

Stacy, It's soo good your in-laws keep your girls for you. My MIL wouldn't touch my kids -- I had too many too quickly, and she didn't want to deal with 3. (My 3 were better than 1 of the others, but that's irrelevant.)

LeeAnn, Sounds like you had a very good time with the Art Walk. can't wait to see the mother's day idea.

Love you all!

:hug

Morning!

Beth-yiippeeee skippy! you finished the ghan! Can't wait to see pics. I bet you have visited the kittens today?

Joanne-have a great day in Paradise today, bet you will finish the ghan for step-grandson to be soon.

Marisa-what kind of map are you doing?

I have been on a cleaning streak...swept, mopped, dishes, beds, laundry just need to dust and vac. but will get to that in a few. Must go grocery shopping today, uggghhh...now if only they could deliver. :devil

the director called from the migrant to ask me several questions, she said to be optimistic, and that I interviewed well..oh I hope! I hope I hope!

back to cleaning.BBL! will post pics of my goodies at the shop, I also hope to get the mother's day basket put together this afternoon too...best get a move on it.

Beth-the afghan is fantastic! Beautiful! Love the colors, they remind me of southwestern. Great work! ohhh what delicious eye candy!

Stacy-hope your day is going well!

hugs n squishes!

Hi Ladies

Long time no " talk ". Sorry I have not been around but if you have been on facebook than you all know why. Iam now on sweater number 54 and Iam pretty sure I will have the 60 done by the end of the month.

The next things I will be working on will be hats and towels. My first show is the second weekend in June and the next one will be at the end of June and then one more the first weekend in Nov. Iam keeping pretty busy and I just love it.

I hope life is treating everyone wonderful and I think about you all every day.

Hugs and Lots of Love

:hug:manyheart

Archived