Stain Protection

SistahMeeMee

Question

7 answers to this question

The craft stores here used to sell a product that was a pump spray called craft guard for fabric, needlework and such and if you spilled anything the liquid would just roll off and not soak in. Not sure if they still make it but you can google for it and as with anything do a test swatch first for color fastness. I know they used to feature this on Allene's creative living but not sure if it was their product or what. Mary

I go with what Rose Red says - The best thing would be to cover it. My family is not the tablecloth/placemat kind of family. As soon as I put either on the table somebody promptly spills something on it. So If you want to be sure to keep it nice, cover it.

On a similar subject - I saw in an old workbasket the suggestion of covering coffee tables etc., with glass and putting the doilies under the glass for protection. My parents always had their tables covered with glass and I had completely forgotten about that until I read it. Wouldn't work for a dining room table to well but would for those really special pieces you wanted to display formally.

TLOL,

Toni

Archived